Author Topic: ATV shanty rack...good news  (Read 2431 times)

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
ATV shanty rack...good news
« on: Feb 01, 2007, 10:47 AM »
I was taling to a local paddle boat manufacturer today looking to purchase sone aluminum angle for a project.We got to talking about ice fishing and I expressed the need for a rack to carry flip over shantys on ATV's and this is something he said they may be interested in making to fit the needs of ice fishermen.It will probably be a universal mounting system...With all of the threads on this topic that pops up every season,heres maybe a chance to have some real input on what would be needed...any ideas here guys...sizes,dementions,pros,cons...what would you like to see in a rack if it was made avalible to purchase?.....Probably won't happen this winter but could be a possibility for next and who knows maybe something for the snowmobiles in the future.

Offline oldguy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ATV shanty rack...good news
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2007, 01:19 PM »
I was taling to a local paddle boat manufacturer today looking to purchase sone aluminum angle for a project.We got to talking about ice fishing and I expressed the need for a rack to carry flip over shantys on ATV's and this is something he said they may be interested in making to fit the needs of ice fishermen.It will probably be a universal mounting system...With all of the threads on this topic that pops up every season,heres maybe a chance to have some real input on what would be needed...any ideas here guys...sizes,dementions,pros,cons...what would you like to see in a rack if it was made avalible to purchase?.....Probably won't happen this winter but could be a possibility for next and who knows maybe something for the snowmobiles in the future.

cool

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2007, 02:16 PM »
All the people I know,  who have racks have built there own, and they modified them to fit there needs as they arise.  Its hard if not impossible to make something to fit everyone.
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2007, 03:10 PM »
 There is one already out for the shappel shanties Fish307 carries them
If Fishin were easy they would call it Catchin

Offline Phoenix

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2007, 07:10 AM »

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2007, 07:48 AM »
I've seen both the Ryans Rack and the Shappell rack.You have to take about every thing out of the Ryan rack because of the way the shack rides on it and the Shappel was well kind of flimsy.I've been looking for a good quality aluminum rack with 4-6" side rails and has sliding adjustable mounts so it can be switched from one machine to another...nothing fancy just practible......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.