Author Topic: Winnipeg River, Margaret Lake (Otter Falls Resort)  (Read 1436 times)

Offline mcgillivraysean

• IceShanty Rookie
Winnipeg River, Margaret Lake (Otter Falls Resort)
« on: Jan 31, 2007, 03:05 PM »
I was thinking about going up here in a couple of weeks with a few buddies.  I was wondering if anyone knew how the fishing has been?  Thanks a lot to anyone who responds!

Offline Ashnohgrimbatul

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Winnipeg River, Margaret Lake (Otter Falls Resort)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2007, 08:48 PM »
There are quite a few shacks set up at the mouth of Big Creek.  I don't know how the bite has been recently, I was there close to a month ago and caught a few perch.
Let there be ice.

Offline FishBuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2007, 09:26 AM »
I was there earlier this week and caught acouple small pike and one 36" pike that i got on my tip-up. Fishing was pretty slow in the middle of the day. I caught the small ones between 8:30 and 10:00, and the big one came around 3:30 to 4:00. Good luck.
Bustin' fish since 1983

Offline Stevie B

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2007, 01:05 PM »
How is the ice/snow conditions on that section of the rive by Big Creek?  Would you be able to drive accross with a 4x4 to Woodward Island?

Offline Ashnohgrimbatul

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2007, 01:08 PM »
Stevie, I wouldn't risk it.  Even with good ice conditions and low flow to the Winnipeg this year, there will still be some flow and possible weak spots in the main river channel, which you would have to cross to get from Big Creek to Woodward.
Let there be ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.