The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone catching anything?  (Read 2669 times)

yarndt52

Anyone catching anything?
« on: Jan 30, 2007, 01:28 PM »
Hey guys I'm new to the communtiy been checking it out for a few days.. I've been fishing over by Ottertail but not having any luck..  Anyone else been fishing in that direction and having any sort of luck? Seems to be slow from everyone that I talk to.. Let me know

Justin

Offline CedarLaker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • CEDAR LAKER!
Re: Anyone catching anything?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2007, 03:11 PM »
I am down here in southern mn and it is sooo slow but I am hoping that this consistently cold weather we are having will let them start hitting by this weekend... that is my wish anyhow. :'( :'( :'(
CedarLaker-----FINALLY GOT OUT on DECEMBER 16!!

Offline blake_b

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2007, 05:50 PM »
myself anfd some buddys went out on carls lake my god there is like 60 houses out there we didnt get to much just a couple of pannys.

yarndt52

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2007, 12:23 PM »
I am down here in southern mn and it is sooo slow but I am hoping that this consistently cold weather we are having will let them start hitting by this weekend... that is my wish anyhow. :'( :'( :'(

ya thats about the same here everyone i have talked says its pretty slow.. hopefully this cold spell will help definatly cant hurt.. i'm gonna get out this saturday and sunday and hopefully catch something.. we went out last sunday and caught probably 20 crappies but they where all small.. really small.. i guess its better then getting skunked!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2007, 07:57 AM »
yarndt52 ,
where you been hidding theres lots of lakes east of wadena look me up some time and we'll hit the frozen water..
Hard Ice

yarndt52

« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2007, 08:48 AM »
yarndt52 ,
where you been hidding theres lots of lakes east of wadena look me up some time and we'll hit the frozen water..

haha not hiding just dont know any of the lakes that way unless i get up to aitkin.. would be willing to go out sometime i'm always game for a good day on the lake.. heading up to the international falls area here in the next week to do some fishing with some old friends of mine.. they have been having pretty good luck so hopefuly that can continue..

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2007, 09:14 AM »
i take you have't been up top duck lake then awesome little crappie and walleye lake..

or north twin for the bull gills.
or stocking
oh i have many out of the way lakes .
just got back from up north my self  last weekend had a ball but when it coming to fishing i like the lakes around here just as well..
Hard Ice

yarndt52

« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2007, 10:40 AM »
i take you have't been up top duck lake then awesome little crappie and walleye lake..

or north twin for the bull gills.
or stocking
oh i have many out of the way lakes .
just got back from up north my self  last weekend had a ball but when it coming to fishing i like the lakes around here just as well..

never been to duck.. but stocking and twin yes.. catching some here and there.. i think i got spoiled last year we had just a great year with the bluegills and pike.. i went to school up in International Falls, so thats part of the reason why i'm going back to that direction connect with some old friends have a beer or two and do some fishing!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2007, 01:49 PM »
Justin ,
i'm in for coffee just about every morning and to get the locol fishing reports i'm thinking big pine next week might be a sure bet.
Jon
Hard Ice

yarndt52

« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2007, 04:43 PM »
Justin ,
i'm in for coffee just about every morning and to get the locol fishing reports i'm thinking big pine next week might be a sure bet.
Jon

ya thats what i've been hearing to.. i'm actually gonna head over there saturday and give it a shot see what kind of luck i have.. been hearing some pretty good things about it for the last few weeks.. epsecially if you like the panfish, and thats what i'm after!!!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2007, 06:50 PM »
30 below on satuday think i'll stay home..
Hard Ice

yarndt52

« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2007, 08:50 AM »
30 below on satuday think i'll stay home..

hahaha ya that would probably be the smart thing to do.. i have to work in the morning until noonish then i will make my decision from there.. see what the wind decides to do..

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:01 AM »
if it warms as fast tomarrow i'll be sitting on a lake some wheres..
maybe duck of north twin..
Hard Ice

yarndt52

« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:32 AM »
if it warms as fast tomarrow i'll be sitting on a lake some wheres..
maybe duck of north twin..

i think i'm going to go over to big pine and give that a try.. see what i can jig up over that direction... might possibly head over to west battle.. for a night cap..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.