Author Topic: STRANGE VEXILAR PROBLEMS  (Read 2945 times)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
STRANGE VEXILAR PROBLEMS
« on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:38 PM »
There are two strange things happening with my Vex:

1)  The indicator light showing that the "Interference Rejection" feature is "ON" cannot be turned off.  I tried pushing the button 4 times, 5 times, etc., but the light remains on.  Can this be harmful to the unit???

2)  I keep seeing a signal that looks like a fish starting near the top and swimming down to the bottom.  After reaching the bottom it apparently keeps on moving around the dial, back to the top and then begins its' trip around the dial again.  What could this be???  It's definitely not a fish!  Makes me nuts!!

IceBalls

Offline spoonfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just one more
Re: STRANGE VEXILAR PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:44 PM »
did you try pushing the gain knob or button. on mine the button turns it on and the gain knob turns it off. as far as the other  ???

only keep what you're gonna eat
                                                            MIRC

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:50 PM »
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call "The Twilight Zone".

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:58 PM »
Actually, pushing the "gain" button will turn your IR on and off.  Pushing the "IR" button "changes channels".  Having two different units on slightly different frequencies (channels) is what allows them to not pick up interference from each other.  Thus the term Interference Reduction.

As far as the "race track" effect.  Try turning on the IR then change the channels and see if you can get one that doesn't pick up that race track. 
I think there are 13 or 16 different channels so pushing the IR button at least that many times.
Also try turning down your gain until your jig or lure just appears as a thin green line.

One other problem may be that you need to clean the bottom of your transducer. 
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2007, 09:23 PM »
You have the fl-8se right. The gain button is the one that should turn off the IR button. The swirling line is interference. I get it sometimes when someone turns a unit on near me. To get rid of it I use the IR. Press yur gain dial in. Then the IR button should be on. Then press the IR button till it goes off. Sometimes the gain button will be frozen and has to be warmed up to be able to press. Hope this helps.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2007, 11:00 PM »
check your battery with a tester and make sure its charged all the way also.Friend has an fl-8 that does that when his battery is low :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline brokeinNYS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2007, 04:41 AM »
have a FL8 - new last year with our limited season.  Charged the battery over 24 hours, less then the suggested 48 hours - red light on charger never came on and when I turned the unit on - the lights indicating battery level of charge - was second from top telling me charging was further needed.  I let the unit run for hours and every thing appears to be working fine except for the lack of red light on the charger beginning to glow and the indicator or charge lights - stuck on the second from top again.  Any thoughts?

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:48 AM »
There are two strange things happening with my Vex:

1)  The indicator light showing that the "Interference Rejection" feature is "ON" cannot be turned off.  I tried pushing the button 4 times, 5 times, etc., but the light remains on.  Can this be harmful to the unit???

2)  I keep seeing a signal that looks like a fish starting near the top and swimming down to the bottom.  After reaching the bottom it apparently keeps on moving around the dial, back to the top and then begins its' trip around the dial again.  What could this be???  It's definitely not a fish!  Makes me nuts!!

IceBalls
push the gain button, and hold it. that light stays on.   could be interference.  that line usually happens when my battery get too low
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline J_MAKI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2007, 09:17 AM »
have a FL8 - new last year with our limited season.  Charged the battery over 24 hours, less then the suggested 48 hours - red light on charger never came on and when I turned the unit on - the lights indicating battery level of charge - was second from top telling me charging was further needed.  I let the unit run for hours and every thing appears to be working fine except for the lack of red light on the charger beginning to glow and the indicator or charge lights - stuck on the second from top again.  Any thoughts?

If you didn't keep your battery charged over the summer months chances are the battery is damaged and won't take a full charge any longer especially if you never fully charged it to begin with. Those little batteries are pretty finicky when it comes to holding full charges. You will be able to use it just fine but your just not going to get the total run time that you should off the battery.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.