New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: irondiquoit bay  (Read 686 times)

Offline stolehome

• IceShanty Rookie
irondiquoit bay
« on: Jan 28, 2007, 05:19 PM »
looking for directions where to fish and where to park coming from south of buffalo could really use some help never been there and here the perch are awesome. ;D ;D ;D

Offline GIGPIG

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: irondiquoit bay
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2007, 06:37 PM »
I can only help with the soft water. Fishing is great with the boat. I have never tried ice fishing the bay- there is a county( I beleive) marina on the north end for access. You can also fish the open water between the lake & the bay.

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2007, 07:11 PM »
Take the Thruway to the Leroy area and hop on the 490 to Rochester.  Take 490 all the way through the city to 590 north.  Take 590 north all the way to the end, there will be a few lights at the very end near Lake Ontario.  Keep going straight until you reach the point where you have to turn right or left.  Take a right.  Go over the little bridge over the Irondequoit Bay outlet and go another 1/4 mile or so until you see the Bayside Bar on the right.  Park there and access the NE cove from there.  A shallow cove, about 4 feet average.  Sometimes good perch are in there, but small perch are almost always there.  Another spot to access is the parking lot just before that little bridge, I believe that is the county launch.  From there you can walk all the way out to the end of the channel markers where it drops quickly into very deep water.  This is also a popular spot, but I don't think that is anywhere near safe yet.
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline gumpy2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's gator time...
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2007, 07:17 PM »
Another spot to access is the parking lot just before that little bridge, I believe that is the county launch.  From there you can walk all the way out to the end of the channel markers where it drops quickly into very deep water.  This is also a popular spot, but I don't think that is anywhere near safe yet.

This access point isn't safe at all yet.  Lots of wet spots on very little ice.  Open water from 2nd set of buoy markers south.  Only safe ice is the NE corner in front of "Bayside" pub as described by WNYBassman.

"Porkers??  You talkin' about porkers Mr. Hoopa?"

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2007, 07:35 PM »
Wait a couple of weeks.  When the entire bay is frozen, you can get to the slobs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.