Author Topic: Gilbert Lake Noble Co. 1/28  (Read 853 times)

Offline chicagill34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They're biting by that guy over there!!
Gilbert Lake Noble Co. 1/28
« on: Jan 28, 2007, 01:12 PM »
Went to Gilbert this morning and the fish did not cooperate.Ice was a solid 3 inches and held up pretty good. The Vex was marking lookers and we put up shanty and set underwater camera up. Bluegills were just looking and thats it. My buddy did get a baby pike and a rock bass and that was it. We stopped by Blue Lake on the way home and the main lake is wide open. Not sure about the channel. Well hopefully someone did better today. Take care and stay warm.................J Im

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Gilbert Lake Noble Co. 1/28
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2007, 01:29 PM »
The last few days a couple friends from work and myself have been fishing that area.  I know what you mean about the Vex marking fish, and the fish not biting.  It has been nonstop action from 7:45AM to 9:15AM for me, thats when I am catching 75% of my fish, then you really have to work to get the fish to bite, even though the Vex is lit up with fish.  What I have been doing that seems to work best for me is I use the Vex to get the jig to the bottom, where it is no longer visible on the Vex.  I keep it there and jig disregarding the Vex and watching the spring very very carefully until I later begin to bring it back up, most fish are caught while right on the bottom with a few rising up to take it on the retrieve, been getting alot of fat redears right off the bottom, and a mix of nice gills, also caught some of those green carp, and a baby pike about 12 inches long.
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline chicagill34

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2007, 01:51 PM »
Thanx for the info.  I think we got that baby pike today. He gets around.   Do you park off the road there.  Lot of nice weeds in that corner.          Jp

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2007, 05:05 PM »
Does Gilbert Lake have a nice selection of fish in it?  I never heard of it till last Tues. when I was on Round lake fishing.  Guys said they were getting on and one fellow fished there 2 days and had 14.  I found it on a map and its not far from Indian Village were I fish.  Thought I might give it a try.  Can you park along the road?

Offline chicagill34

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2007, 06:27 PM »
We parked along the road today on the west end. Its right off of gilbert lake road. The lake comes right up to the road almost.I heard there was nice perch in there. We didnt do too good today but some nice gills and redears in there,Oh and theres a 12 in Pike out there somewhere... Hope this helps alittle   Take care           Jim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.