New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: silver lake  (Read 2192 times)

Offline sticknmove

• IceShanty Rookie
silver lake
« on: Jan 25, 2007, 10:17 PM »
Anyone have any info on silver lake, is there enough ice to fish. Looking to get out this weekend.

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
Re: silver lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2007, 10:24 PM »
i dunno but look under reports and conditions that will be a better help
ice fishing for life

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2007, 11:48 PM »
The Trap Attack is on...if that is what you you are looking for :P

Offline johnnylimit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2007, 08:49 AM »
Trap attack is next wekend. Feb 3.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2007, 03:53 PM »
How come noone fishes in front of the cams??? people used to fish on the east side in front of the north cam but i havent seen anyone there yet?? :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2007, 05:41 PM »
Anyone have any info on silver lake, is there enough ice to fish. Looking to get out this weekend.

Welcome to the site. Make a few more posts (I think you have to have 5) and you'll be able to access the NY Conditions and Reports child board.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline IcePirate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2007, 09:23 PM »
Plenty of ice on Silver to fish , variying reports , but plenty enough to walk o and fish , machines will be out in the coming week , in time for the TA . ;D
C'mon fishy's , C'mon - South Shore Diehard since 66' - Vexilar , Clam corp., Ski-doo

Offline Irrgang131

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2007, 06:55 PM »
DOnt know that a machine on silver would be a good idea lots of ice that is good lots of ice that is weaker to..especially when the attackers all get out there.

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:33 AM »
Plenty of ice on Silver to fish , variying reports , but plenty enough to walk o and fish , machines will be out in the coming week , in time for the TA . ;D

From my understanding this is going to be a walk on tournament. I have heard that those involved in sponsorship (Wy Co Tourism and others) have requested IT to stipulate it as such for insurance reasons.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline hawkeyejr

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have ice will fish it,flagup,and catch a BIG one
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2007, 03:30 PM »
when did you hear that about walk on imo it would be a good idea as the ice is only between 3 and 5 inches behind macks although a quad did go out of there on saturday am but i would not do it :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
have ice will travel catch a big one

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2007, 03:40 PM »
when did you hear that about walk on imo it would be a good idea as the ice is only between 3 and 5 inches behind macks although a quad did go out of there on saturday am but i would not do it :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
I know that guy on the quad is nuts he came in past me saturday!!  could you believe the amount of guys out there saturday?I couldnt believe it :tipup: The ice was only 3 1/2 inches and there were probably whats your guess 500 people or more?

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • perch,crappie,w alleye,steelhea d,northern,etc.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:21 PM »
goto there website and check there forums page they are saying as of now its a walk on tourny until the director gets there to inspect it with someone from the state parks office

Offline Tom14462

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Have a CRAPPIE day!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2007, 07:38 PM »
I was one of those 500 guys out there Saturday.  Early (or late) in the season I always carry a spud with me and probe the ice. If I can whack a spot 3 times and the spud doesn't got through that's fine by me.

I iced a 36" 11 lb. 5 oz. pike on a tip up about 4:30 just off the state launch.  I had the tip ups rigged for walleyes with live shiners and a single #4 baitholder hook and a 10# fluoro leader.  I can't believe that leader held up as the fish made a couple of decent runs.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #13 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:21 AM »
I was one of those 500 guys out there Saturday.  Early (or late) in the season I always carry a spud with me and probe the ice. If I can whack a spot 3 times and the spud doesn't got through that's fine by me.

I iced a 36" 11 lb. 5 oz. pike on a tip up about 4:30 just off the state launch.  I had the tip ups rigged for walleyes with live shiners and a single #4 baitholder hook and a 10# fluoro leader.  I can't believe that leader held up as the fish made a couple of decent runs.
thats a nice fish i cant believe i didnt hear you sreaming for joy ;D i was straight across from you :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.