Author Topic: Looking for a good perch lake for the kids.....any suggestions?  (Read 2660 times)

Offline argofixer

• IceShanty Rookie
Hit there,
I'm looking for a lake with a large quantity of perch more so than quality. Any help would be appreciated

Offline saskman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • team CanAm
Lac Pelltier if you are close to Swift Current, you will catch a pile of perch but not many bigger ones..... :tipup:
go to taxidermy, mount it on the wall

Offline Leroy

• IceShanty Rookie
Ya I would agree.  Pelltier is full of Perch - and easy to catch.  Near Regina - Katepwa usually produces lots of Perch - but again, they're small. 

Offline saskman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • team CanAm
also there is Oyama near Regina was there last year and the perch were plentifull

Offline argofixer

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks allot guys,
I live 10 miles North of Saskatoon and would ideally like something closer but will go wherever the fish are. I have a dugout with rainbows but have not fished them this year as the pasture flooded this summer and I did not get any rising to feed like in past years. I'll take the young ones out there today for now.

Thanks again for the replys.

Offline wayner7

• IceShanty Rookie
Being that Oyama is so close to the city i might try to take the kids out there Sunday.....the last time i was there was in the spring before the park opened and the gates were locked....where can you get access to the lake to drive on Saskman?......and whereabouts on the lake would be a good spot to drill a couple of holes?

Offline saskman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • team CanAm
when I was there I was with a buddy that knows the lake where we went was as you are comming to the lake (lake is on the right side) there is a bank on the right with a small pull over we parked there and walked down the bank I hope this helps.....

Offline lucky06

• IceShanty Rookie
where is this Oyama lake i have never heard of it till now
burbot king

Offline coldazice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be fishing
eagleback a few years ago was amazing, not sure about this year, that lake is pond sized and gets to 60ft deep, ive caught 60 in a day out there, all released of course.
TEAM Saskatchewan: Yes, we have ice in December!.

Offline argofixer

• IceShanty Rookie
coldazice,
Where is eagleback?

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
Re: Looking for a good perch lake for the kids.....any suggestions?
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2007, 05:39 PM »
argofixer...check your pm

Offline coldazice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be fishing
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2007, 06:19 PM »
coldazice,
Where is eagleback?

not far from iroquois and martens lake
TEAM Saskatchewan: Yes, we have ice in December!.

Offline augerhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2007, 03:01 PM »
I have been looking for Eagleback on the maps I have.  Cannot seem to find it.  What is it near?

Offline nighttime

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2007, 08:50 PM »
i was with my son today on mission and he 30-40 tullibee 10 feet below the surface of the ice he was fishing by sight and he had a ball. we were just below ski hill if ya ant quantity try for them they fight better than perch and it fun to watch.
Forced to work born to PLAY

Offline azz7772

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2007, 11:11 PM »
anglin lake has numurous perch go to the boat launch and go across the bay there is usually a road accross there is an island there and most people there fish shallow close to the island but if you want good perch fishing go deeper like around 35 feet we usually limit out in a short time then we can go for some pike for the rest of the day. also tobin lake has awsome perch there is a new motel built on the lakeshore just follow the road thats on the ice to where all the shacks are you also have a chance at world record walleye and pike.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.