Author Topic: Any users of Fishtrap X2??  (Read 717 times)

Offline mormyshka

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any users of Fishtrap X2??
« on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:18 PM »
I will love to hear first handed opinion about Fishtrap X2
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I just wasted.

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Any users of Fishtrap X2??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:02 PM »
Haven't used one, but looked one over really well this weekend.  Built like a tank.  Sled is like an Otter.  Larger round tubing is great as well.  I stood up easily, I'm about 6'1".  It also has vertical spreader bars on the front of the flip over, an outstanding feature if it's windy.  Side windows are great as well, I wish my Guide had them.  Vents as well on the sides.  The only thing I didn't like was the seating.  The seats were comfy as all get out, but I just don't like seats that hook on both sides of the sled.  Large windows front and rear, rear windwo might have been a tad high though.  Overall, if I could drive a sled or wheeler on the ice all the time, I'd have  an X2.  Waaaayyy tougher than my Guide, but also weighs almost 3 times as much.  Not a hand tow rig.  Heck, even loading the thing up solo would be a challenge.  Hope this helps!

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2007, 05:34 AM »
My friend wanted to take a look at the X-series traps also, but when the lightest(trap X) one weighs 120 pounds before you put your gear in it, he decided against it. It would be fine if you always pulled it with an ATV or snowmobile, but not all places allow that. They are very well made, just very heavy also.
Ken                                          

Offline Jeff_C

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bay of Quinte
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2007, 06:38 AM »
I was looking at buying an X2 and glad that I purchased the Yukon instead.  This Yukon is heavy enough when you are pulling by hand.  Well built, yes.  Just too heavy for hand pulling on early ice.

Offline mormyshka

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2007, 08:11 AM »
Thanks for the info. Weight is not the case (I will be using my snowmachine to tow it)
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I just wasted.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.