Author Topic: Strange Fishing Dreams  (Read 1434 times)

Offline finfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Strange Fishing Dreams
« on: Jan 23, 2007, 08:10 AM »
I must have it pretty bad.  I woke up this morning after having a very strange dream.  I was ice fishing in my uncle in law's living room.  His room or part of his house got flooded and then the water under the carpet froze (almost like he had a crawl space under the floor).  I was just sitting there cross-legged on the floor ice fishing right through his carpetted floor.  I was catching them like crazy too...  Lots of nice 8-9" gills and a few crappies from just under the "ice".  I couldn't quite figure out how it was all happening but that was not too important to me at the time as I was catching them almost every time I dropped it down the hole.  I questioned him about it and he started rambling about how it made perfect sense to him (he is kind of like Cliff from Cheers...knows everything).  People were starting to come over to his house and I was in the way sitting on the floor and he told me to come back later after they had left.

Then the next thing I knew I was fishing down the street in someones front yard.  I had drilled a hole with my auger right in the grass and was catching them there also.  Unfortunately there was going to be a block party there in a little while so I put a piece of plywood over my hole so I could fish it later on...then I woke up.

I think I REALLY need to get on the ice soon..

Anyone else ever have strange fishing dreams?  Seems I usually have the weirdest ones after I had pizza the previous night for dinner.

Offline fire831

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Strange Fishing Dreams
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:00 AM »
You need to stop eating pizza.  ;D ;D  Your not on those nicotine patches trying to stop smoking are you? I was on those when I quit last year and man do they make you have some wild dreams. ;D

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:05 AM »
Dude......I've had many dreams where I've drilled holes right through the floor of my house or even cut some through the concrete sidewalk and jerked 'em out. Mine are normally perch but what the heck its still a good dream. I'm sure its due to lack of ice fishing and eating ice cream right before I go to bed. Or, maybe just being a die hard spawns those deep sleep visions.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:09 AM »

I had a doozie this last weekend.  I was fishing a local lake and  not catching anything.  We headed in to the marina for a couple of beers and some lunch.  When we finished we went outside and the lake was frozen.  after grabbing the ice fishing gear out of the truck we headed out and really nailed them.  20 to 30 inch green backs all day long.  Sounds like a Nirvana to me

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:50 AM »
What kind of mushrooms were on that pizza? 
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2007, 12:00 PM »
What kind of mushrooms were on that pizza? 

Offline Webguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lured into it, get reel!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2007, 12:15 PM »
Cliff Clavin reference in the first post, Cheers t-shirt in the last....weird!

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2007, 12:54 PM »
Are those the expensive mushrooms they grow on cow poop, the hallucinating shrooms?
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2007, 01:43 PM »
Are those the expensive mushrooms they grow on cow poop, the hallucinating shrooms?

No these are not expensive.  They are courtesy of Mother Nature.  And yes they will provide you with plenty of entertainment.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2007, 05:50 PM »
lol shrooms,u guys are too much. i have had some dreams like that latly too. polecat woke his wife up trying to net her in his sleep.lol
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.