Author Topic: Another day at Last Mountain (long lake or any other names that you want)  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Pat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Another nice day on the lake. I noticed that the ice conditons are great, never even had a worry. I was fishing north of Pelican Point and south of Grandview beach. on the east side of the lake there is between 6 to 8 shacks scattered along the shore line. Not sure how the guys were doing but there wasn't a lot of action ourside of the shacks and they weren't moving around much. (either they were sleeping or the fishing was good.) on the west side of the lake there was trucks and people moving around most of the day. there is between 10 to 12 shacks on that side of the lake. I picked up a nice pike and a few perch as did a couple other guys that I know. The action was anything from getting thrilled about but is there really such a thing as a bad day on the ice :) Unlike other weeks, this week, we did have a few stretches when we didn't see any fish on the cams. The perch were hitting a little stronger than they have in the past... before they would go for the taste and then hit...today they would hit :) I guess thats it for now

How was other parts of the lake?

Offline chewster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Hey Dad, it's cold, put another log on the fire"
I was out last w/end between Pelican Point and Sunset Beach in the village.  Action was terribly slow.  Had 3 tipups out on Friday, Sat, and Sun with no bites.  Got one whitefish thru the hole in the shack.  Dissappointing to say the least ???
The Chewster

Offline saskman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • team CanAm
I was out last w/end between Pelican Point and Sunset Beach in the village.   Had 3 tipups out on Friday, Sat, and Sun with no bites.  Got one whitefish thru the hole in the shack. 

Hmmmmmmm isnt 4 lines breaking the law????????
go to taxidermy, mount it on the wall

Offline chewster

• IceShanty Rookie
Hmmmmmmm isnt 4 lines breaking the law????????

It is if you're alone.  There were three of us, and I even had a non fishing bud purchase a license just in case.
The Chewster

Offline saskman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • team CanAm
Just giving you a hard time hope its okay
go to taxidermy, mount it on the wall

Offline chewster

• IceShanty Rookie
Just giving you a hard time hope its okay

No problem with me.  After I posted it I thought somebody might pick up on it. ::)
The Chewster

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.