New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Champlain  (Read 592 times)

Offline tackle123

• IceShanty Rookie
  • This is me and my son.
Lake Champlain
« on: Jan 20, 2007, 11:27 AM »
Heres what I know as of right now. Rouses Point 8 inches of ice then a area where the wind broke it up a refroze that part is 8 to 4 inches. Kelly Bay on the VT. side had 3 to 4 and some spots where there was 6 no fishermen there. The breakwall in Rouses Point had about 15 fishermen people coming and going all day long. Deep Bay at Point AuRouch (sp) had 4to5 around the the start by the parking area about 100 to 150 yards out in the middle the ice had gone then refroze there was 3 inches acording to my tape did not get much at any place more fish at Rouses Point. On Deep Bay there were 1o shanties (portables) even on the new ice. The bay was frozen all the way to the point. Kings Bay had 1 shantie out but I did not stop and fish there, the day before there was a gentlemen pulled out by his fishing partener. He was alright but it was on the news here. I will be out tommorow on Deep bay by the white berches in my clam 2000. If anyone is out that way stop buy. I will update tommorow.

Jim

Offline crayfishbob

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lake Champlain
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2007, 12:44 PM »
Do you know about Ausable point ? that's where there is a shallow run of perch hit. Open water to the front of you and your fishing 1 ' to 2' of water through the ice.

Retired , but still recovering ice fishing addict.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.