Author Topic: Splake through the ice...  (Read 1470 times)

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
Splake through the ice...
« on: Jan 19, 2007, 11:43 AM »
I hope to head over to Meadow Lake Provincial Park and check out Little Raspberry Lake for splake..we have had good luck trolling
for them after ice-off, but have never really fished for them through the ice....I would love some input on how, and what is the best
bait/lure for them. 
Winter is the time of year toward which all that has gone before
seems but a preparation....winter, a quiet acceptance of what is
to come....Sigurd F. Olsen

Offline FisherMr

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Splake through the ice...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2007, 05:13 PM »
I hope to head over to Meadow Lake Provincial Park and check out Little Raspberry Lake for splake..we have had good luck trolling
for them after ice-off, but have never really fished for them through the ice....I would love some input on how, and what is the best
bait/lure for them. 
Never fished on Little Raspberry Lake, but in my experience use mealworms for bait and a larger green teardrop jig or something of the sort with rattles seems to help.  Just a suggestion but I generally seem to catch them in very shallow water 4 feet or less.  Good luck and thanks for the great Laker pics.

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2007, 07:15 PM »
Never fished on Little Raspberry Lake, but in my experience use mealworms for bait and a larger green teardrop jig or something of the sort with rattles seems to help.  Just a suggestion but I generally seem to catch them in very shallow water 4 feet or less.  Good luck and thanks for the great Laker pics.
Thank you , and welcome to the site...where abouts are you from....

Offline FisherMr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2007, 07:57 PM »
From Edmonton, for the past five years but origanally from Sask.  Thinking about moving back, the good fishing around Edmonton is rather limited in my eyes.  But my friends and I still manage to catch a few.  Been fishing Wabamun for big pike and its been producing very well except for the past weekend, it was lousy.

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2007, 08:39 PM »
I agree...tried living in the city just before I retired last year...a year was about all I could stand.  The fishing around here is fairly good..some pressure on the lakes, but get into Saskatchewan and it is awesome.  We are going to try for splake next week, I think!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.