Author Topic: Ice Report  (Read 1384 times)

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ice Report
« on: Jan 18, 2007, 08:46 AM »
Yesterday on my way to work I checked out some local lakes here is what I found. Silver Lake (MI) capped over compleatly, Sprauge Addition capped just past the bend out to the main lake,  North Snow Bay capped out to the mouth of the bay, Crane Marsh capped compleatly over,  I didn't see this myself but a buddy from work told me that the public access at George is also capped. If it stays cold we will be fishing this week end!
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
Re: Ice Report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2007, 08:58 AM »
Anyone been by the narrows at c-o-lakes? will try to get there to see late todayafter the heat wave.
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Warsaw area lakes Center, Pike & Winona are pretty much open.  Protected bays and shorelines are ice covered though.  The north end of pike (the little lake) is 90% iced up...while Little Eagle at Winona Lake is 70% covered.  If the wind kicks up the ice could disappear quickly.  Almost all channels & ponds appear to be locked up.

Be Careful!
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2007, 12:30 PM »
I just got back from checking on ice around Branch and Stuben co.  The Randall chain is 80 o/o capped I got a report that Marbel is capped Gilead is capped with about 2". The public landing at George is capped with 1- 1 1/2" the west bay of Clear is capped but parking is VERY questionable little Long is capped! Maybe sat??
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2007, 03:24 PM »
I dunno guys my ponds' ice are looking water saturated. I don't understand that as it's not that warm today. Maybe since the ice is so thin and they are not making ice the water below is saturating it?  ???
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline perch on ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2007, 07:06 PM »
Checked a couple of ponds west of indy today.  Both  had about 1.25 inches with a little moisture on top.  Good to hear that Little Long is capped.  Jerkin' Perch, myself, and a few others are headed that way in a week.  Stay on top fellas.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.