New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Friendly Reminder !!  (Read 1976 times)

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
Friendly Reminder !!
« on: Jan 17, 2007, 02:02 PM »
It's almost time for some of us to get back on the ice again and I thought I would pass on a friendly reminder from a friend that lives on a popular local lake .

Please make sure you clean up behind yourself throughout the day while your on the ice .
I know there were some issues on a couple of lakes in my area last year and they were addressed on here .

Please guy's and gals be courteous and clean up before you leave and make sure you leave the parking areas clean also  < A BIG ISSUE LAST YEAR > !

Cleaning behind yourself and sometimes others can only do one thing ...... assure fishing access in the future .

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Friendly Reminder !!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2007, 03:00 PM »
well said tigger!!! :clap:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2007, 10:20 PM »
I hope this is taken seriously because from what I'm hearing from a home owner on one of the more popular lakes the Homeowners Association is going to try and stop all lake access to ice fisherman if the loose trash keeps being found where ice fisherman have been .

Offline wildlifecaretaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2007, 12:42 AM »
I agree tigger. If some can't do it just for the moral rightness of respecting others and the enviroment, then they should at least do it so they don't ruin fishing on lakes for themselves and other. Outdoors people are their own future...for good OR bad! Help the cause.

mike

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2007, 04:42 AM »
AND DON"T LEAVE DEAD FISH ON THE ICE!! It really ticks me off to see a bunch of short fish left lying on top when they should have been counted in your limit or let go.

Offline kirkwooders

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Websters definition of a northern red neck.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2007, 06:39 AM »
Here Here!!!!!
Last year I hauled a ton of other peoples trash off the ice.  Some people are real slobs and I have no problem letting them know just what I think of their misdeeds, so if you don't want to get any flack from me, leave the ice just as clean, or cleaner than you found it.
"There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid!"

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2007, 06:46 AM »
WELL SAID!!!!!!!!! Cudos to you................
      Kim :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Irrgang131

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:02 AM »
     Its sad to see trash laying on the ice or open water.  The people that do this consider themselves sportsman but a true sportsman also helps protect the enviroment so future generations can enjoy the same things we do.  Its not that hard to pick up your bottle, cans, wrappers, and fishing line ect. and take them back with you.  You did manage to bring them out so please pick it up and take it back.  It also doesnt hurt to bend over and pick up that trash while you walk back to the truck..  If we wanted to look at trash all day we would stay home and stare at the garbage can for a few hours.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:09 AM »
its hard to figure why anyone would leave trash on the ice it is such a simple thing to take care of when you finish that beer,soda,coffee,etc.  dont toss it on the ice just as simple to toss in the sled makes no sense to me and the loss of fishing access due to a few slobs sucks   because some of us who care will go out of our way to make or keep the ice clean .

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:12 AM »
Cigarette butts seem to be a big deal for some groups too !
I'm a smoker myself and even I find it offensive to go out and see a couple of packs worth of butts laying on the ice where guy's were camped out for the day . It's not that hard to field strip your smoke and put the butt in your pocket to toss out later or put them in one of your empty beer cans .

Offline pikekiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those toothy critters!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:59 AM »
Ice fishermen are really a community if you think about it.  We gather in the same places every winter.  When I see people who are simply too lazy to pick up beer cans, propane bottles, cigarette butts, etc., it makes me ashamed of being in that community.  Lets all make a good name for ourselves.  I know cigarette butts are not considered litter by some people, but a pile of them has no business being left on the ice. 
"You can't catch 'em from your living room!"

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2007, 10:06 AM »
didnt even think of cigarettes  i am a heavy smoker and i dont find it that hard to toss these in my sled (after fieldstripping) and yes i may have quite a mess in the sled but i still think it is much better than leaving it on the ice just a little common courtesy for the rest of the "community" .

Offline Dr Juice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Sweeeet
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2007, 01:41 PM »
Great post Tigger. I agree 100%. My Posse of friends and myself always keep the ice clean and all of the surrounding area. When we leave you would not know we were even there. We respect peoples private property and always make it a point to give someone crap if we see someone
leaving trash or disrespecting the environment. It's what being a true sportsman is all about. I don't ever want to be told I can't icefish a lake because of someones ignorance and disrespect of property. There is never an excuse for not following the keep it clean rule.

See you on the hard water.   :tipup:

Dr Juice

Fresh Ice, Fresh Air and Fresh Fish. It doesn't get any better than this. :-)

Offline Muskie Matt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Throw'em back! & report abuse EPO # 800.632.8075
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2007, 02:24 PM »
Good job bring this up.  Although we're usually preaching to the choir.

Offline FishinFoool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2007, 03:17 PM »
 :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:
                   HERE HERE!!! I couldnt say that any better.I see butts and cans on the ice and it is not right.This is a great topic and I hope everyone who sees others trashing our lakes and waters SPEAKS UP!!! and tells the scum bags what they need to hear. :flex: :cookoo: :%$#!:
                         And as for undersized fish I dont understand why even put them on the ice in the first place,I would be embarrased to put dinks on the ice!!!

The"FishinFool" :tipup:
steve plum can't stop fishin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2007, 03:57 PM »
Great Post...I myself don't like to litter in my backyard...that's what the Outdoors are...they are OUR backyard.
I am also not afraid to let someone know how I feel about littering, when I see them do it!!!!!!!

PWR BAIT

« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2007, 04:19 PM »
Its bad enough our waterways are getting polluted with bilge waters let alone some  people that are supposed to be ADULTS throwing garbage every where. Thats why they make garbage cans,  thats why some of the lands and waterways cannot be accessed. let me catch some one throwing garbage out i will be irate PROLLY will get in more trouble than the persons throwing the garbage out. BUT I DONT CARE ITS NOT RIGHT!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.