New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: oneida Bay's  (Read 1495 times)

Offline perchman19

• Team IceShanty Regular
oneida Bay's
« on: Jan 17, 2007, 09:34 AM »

Ii dont know about you guy's but i can't wait to get on one of oneida's bays. Drove past one this am that had some ice on it. Can't think it's safe yet but maybe this weekend.

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
Re: oneida Bay's
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2007, 11:38 AM »
I hear ya perchman!!
If you don't mind keep us posted when it gets thick enough,can't wait to get out there..
Just way to far for me to go to find out it's not ready yet.

Thanks..
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline perchman19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2007, 11:40 AM »
I will keep you posted

Offline hollywood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2007, 01:03 PM »
Everything was open water on tuesday 1/16 afternoon. No way its safe this weekend.

Offline Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2007, 01:52 PM »
big bay is locked shore to shore and front to back as a matter of fact I just drove over the 81 bridge and there is no open water to be seen the river is 30 feet behind my house and we have shore ice already here
it won't be long at all i'm
Local Shop with Local Knowledge

Phone   (315) 676-2144
Website  https://www.facebook.com/BartelRdBaitTackle

Offline perchman19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2007, 01:53 PM »
big bay should be ready by sunday if this cold weather stay's

Offline hollywood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2007, 07:02 PM »
Slip-
I did'nt say nobody would try to go out there- just that theres no way to go from "open" to "safe" in one cold night followed by a couple so-so nights. With the forecasted temps we're looking at almost a week before its safe- barring any significant snow or a hard east wind.

PS-

Know why Santa's always jolly?

'cuz he knows where all the Bad Girls live!  ;D

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2007, 07:06 PM »

Know why Santa's always jolly?

'cuz he knows where all the Bad Girls live!  ;D
[/quote]

And he only has to work one night a year!!

Offline fishit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2007, 11:03 PM »
Hollywood (santa) where you been?
 How's the cheek fry been?

Fish it don't just look at it.
.. Go away or I shall taunt you a second time...

Offline hollywood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2007, 04:28 AM »
I'd love to fish it- but I did'nt get the "wet guy" tag by mistake. Gonna try something different this year & stay on the "sunny" side of the ice!

Just came in from outside- 20 degrees now- was alot colder when I went to bed. With this forecast - I'm sure a couple guys with pent-up ice fishing aspirations will get wet this weekend out on Oneida. I'm not planning on being one of them.

Today: Increasing clouds, with a high near 36. South wind between 10 and 16 mph.

Tonight: A chance of light snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. South wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday: Light snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 35. West wind between 9 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Friday Night: Occasional snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 19. West wind between 17 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Saturday: Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Breezy, with a west wind between 20 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers before midnight, then a chance for flurries. Partly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 15. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday: A slight chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 29. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday Night: A chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday: A chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2007, 04:37 AM »
Looks better for next weekend not this one but you know somebody will give it a go.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.