Author Topic: Fish trap yukon??  (Read 1390 times)

Offline trapsht

• IceShanty Rookie
Fish trap yukon??
« on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:46 AM »
I purchased a fish trap Yukon and am having problems with the set-up.  I can't get the front porch pole to sit on the ground while having the rear portion of the tent still attached.  The pole is close to the ground but isn't quite touching as it is supposed to.  Does anyone have this particular shack??  I really want to know if this is ok before I take it out.  THanks

Offline nhurianek

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fish trap yukon??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2007, 01:37 PM »
If you already have the weatherstripping on the back try taking it off, putting the front piece down and then reattaching the stripping.

Offline keithdterry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2007, 11:05 AM »
I would agree with nhurianek.  If you have too much material pinched into the weatherstrip, the tent will be too taut and the front won't rest on the ice. 
No coffee, no peace.  Know coffee, know peace.

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2007, 05:20 PM »
I just put some snow under the backside of the sleigh when my skin doesnt quite touch the ice in the front. If your tub is slanted forward or back it will cause the skin to not touch or to sag.

Robin

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2007, 08:42 PM »
Try putting in your wind brace kit. If you didnt do this before you attatched the cover to the sled,you should have.

Offline rlholmes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SempraFI
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2007, 10:15 PM »
Stumper has a real good point about the wind brace. Without mine instauled the front is about a inch off of the ice.
If you have no clue what you are doing just buy more gear and try to look the part.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.