Author Topic: UP fishing report  (Read 2311 times)

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
UP fishing report
« on: Jan 14, 2007, 11:41 PM »
How did everyone do this past weekend fishing? How are the ice conditions in your area?

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: UP fishing report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2007, 04:49 AM »
i fished in copper harbor on lake fanny hhoe. we had 5" - 8" of good solid ice everywhere. in three hours we had 3 small walleye and three splake aroung 17". all on fire tiger jigs with minnows.
da splake chaser

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2007, 08:32 AM »
fished south manistique saturday and there was maybe 5 or 6 inches a ways from shore then it dropped to around 3. Everyone was fishing the north end of the lake on the edge where it got thinner. I got 2 18 inch walleye and lost a few more. Checked caribou lake by de tour sunday and there was only 2 inches out from the boat launch and no one fishing. I heard they were fishing on ashmun bay on the upper st. marys. Might head over this evening to see whats going on.

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2007, 01:46 PM »
Was out on Chassell Bay (Portage Lake).  Caught a mess of pike...all let go for another day.  Don't like eating pike.  BTW, some folks took a swim on their 4 wheeler.  Didn't realize it until I got off the ice. 

Fished Gratiot Lake on Saturday.  5" (maybe) of good ice.  Didn't catch a fish nor see anything on my flasher however.  Three flags but a bummer day fish countwise. 
Chris Raymond

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2007, 04:40 AM »
have not heard of anyone catching anything of significance in gratiot lake all winter.
da splake chaser

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2007, 05:29 AM »
I think we just iced over down south last night. I can maybe get out this saturday
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2007, 06:43 AM »
have not heard of anyone catching anything of significance in gratiot lake all winter.

Spoke with somebody that lives in one of the houses by the launch and he said the lake is still fairly screwed up from the massive walleye plants of years ago.  Not a lot of forage anymore and stunted fish.  Jumbo perch are gone for the most part.  Don't know if this all is true or not, just what I heard.  Doubt if I'll go back again this year though. 
Chris Raymond

Offline Letha_Face

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:57 PM »
Anyone been out in kipling?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.