Author Topic: Fishing Echo lake  (Read 2795 times)

Offline cbelsh

• IceShanty Rookie
Fishing Echo lake
« on: Jan 14, 2007, 05:14 PM »
Has anyone fished Echo this year. any luck? How think is the ice, especially by the school..

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
Re: Fishing Echo lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2007, 06:50 PM »
ice was 14-18 inches thick last time i was out almost two weeks ago and with the weather lately it should be alot thicker now. fishing is good on the east end of the lake but havent fished by the school this year. good luck report back on how it goes.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2007, 12:01 AM »
How safe is the ice around B-Say-Tah point?

Does anyone fish the open section Qu'Appele River that runs through Fort Qu'Appele?

If so what is in the river at this time of year? ???

WW

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2007, 12:25 AM »
How safe is the ice around B-Say-Tah point?

Does anyone fish the open section Qu'Appele River that runs through Fort Qu'Appele?

If so what is in the river at this time of year? ???

WW
i would strongly advise not to fish the river in fort qu'appelle there are many weak spots and unless you know where the currents are i wouldnt risk it. there are a few places i would try and have but never caught nothing there anyways, only in the summer, if you do try the river do not go west of the main bridge because this is where i have found the most currents. always take a friend and rescue gear when fishing small rivers like this one. as for b-say-tah point im taking my shack there tomorrow and will report back on sunday night.
if you do fish the open part of the river, you wont catch much, i've tried and managed one really small walleye under 6inches. i live on this river in the summer and tried to fish it this winter but i noticed as soon as they opened the dam the fishing decreased drastically. i wouldnt waste anymore time on the river, at least the part with open water.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2007, 03:05 PM »
Thanks for the info Big Burk. :)

I would not dream of walking on the river ice.
I was thinking of just casting from shore in the open areas, but as you said not much action.

Good luck on B-Say-Tah point. :tipup:

WW

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2007, 08:07 PM »
well i took the shack to b-say-tah today and didnt catch anything at the first spot in about 12ft of water so we moved deeper into 35-40ft. after lunch and no sooner did i put my line in the water did i have a fish. did this twice in a row befor my friend got his hole dug. we didnt start fishing the deeper water till around 2 so the bite was dying. but in an hour and a half i landed 4 perch and 1 tullibee and my friend landed one tullibee. we missed alot of fish today as they were hitting very lightly.

Big Burk :tipup:

Offline Hot Rod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:24 PM »
Went out on Sunday at b-say-tah(east side of point) late morning, pulled 3 quick tullibee in 5 mins@30-35ft,then nothing for an hour. Moved across to Camp Ta-wa-si caught 35 more tullibee in 2 1/2 hours same depth. No perch, no wally's   :( 

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:21 PM »
Welcome Hot Rod. :)

Nice going on the tullibee / cisco.
They are fun to catch and usually eager to bite. :tipup:

Big Burk,good to hear you found some perch and tullibee. 8)

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.