New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: creamery road in harford!!  (Read 1664 times)

Offline pugs6977

• IceShanty Rookie
creamery road in harford!!
« on: Jan 14, 2007, 08:15 AM »
does anyone know of two ponds in harford? They are on both sides of creamery rd. I fished those last week. Didn't catch any, but fun anyway. they look shallow and should ice up quick. I caught a bunch of small bass about 10 yrs ago in summer, but haven't fished since until last week. any info would be appreciated! good fishin all!

pat

btw... these ponds are in cortland county!
what r ya tryin to prove by jumpin on the ice?

Offline festus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is Nice
Re: creamery road in harford!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2007, 02:05 PM »
Someone told me that Tri-County Pond was on Creamery Road in Harford.  I'd like to check it out if we ever get any ice this year but I'm not exactly sure how to get to it.  How do I get on Creamery Road if I'm traveling north on 38 ?  Thanks.

-john
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!

Offline nyoutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2007, 12:37 PM »
You gotta watch where you go up there now, as a lot of that land has been sold and is now private property.  The first 2 ponds - I've always called them twin ponds - are public access from the road.  If you drive up past there and to the "intersection", take a left.  Go to the "T", and take a right.  About a mile down the road there will be a spot where you can drive up in to "Hidden Pond."  Lots of good panfish action there during the summer.

If you take a left at that "T", i leads to Strawberry pond, but that's been sold and is private property, and is even now surrounded by a fence.  We used to go up to this area every 4h of July and camp out, party and fish every year.  Then we kind of drifted apart, and now it's all different.  A few places are still public access as I said, just watch yourself.

Anyone wanna check it out, let me know and I'll tag along with you.

Al
Hunting, fishing, camping.....who says life has to be hard??

Offline festus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is Nice
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2007, 01:13 PM »
Are any of these ponds you mention called "Tri-County Pond"?  It's listed in the NYS Fishing Guide under Cortland County.  Apparently you can fish for trout year round there and ice fishing is permitted.  Guess I'll have to do some exploring but I don't want to end up at someone's private pond by mistake.

-john
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!

Offline pugs6977

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2007, 06:03 PM »
I've always called them twin ponds

what kind of fish are in there? thanks a bunch for the info.

Offline pugs6977

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2007, 06:07 PM »

How do I get on Creamery Road if I'm traveling north on 38 ?

from richford go into harford and take a left. it is across from county rt 228 or something like that. you can't miss it.

Offline nyoutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2007, 11:58 AM »
Pugs, it's actually Rt 221 W.  As for what's in there, I know there are bass and panfish, but not sure what else.

Festus, those are the only names I know, but it seems a lot of these smaller ponds go by a bunch of different names.  It all depends on who you talk to.  I do know that there's a pond up there I haven't found yet, and I've been going up there at least once a year for the last 10+ years.  To get to Creamery Road, when you come into Harford, there will be (I believe) only one left hand turn.  It's at a rather screwy 4-way intersection.  On the right, there will be a town hall type building.  Creamery Rd will be on your left at that intersection.  You'll know you're on the right road when you see the retirement home just up the road.  It's a rather new building, so it won't be hard to notice.  Once you're past that, keep bearing left when the road splits (I believe there are 2 spots where the road splits).

I'd be willing to meet you there if you wanna follow me so you don't get off track.  Email me and let me know.

[email protected]

Al
Hunting, fishing, camping.....who says life has to be hard??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.