Author Topic: junkie got his fix  (Read 1553 times)

Offline frog eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
junkie got his fix
« on: Jan 12, 2007, 01:13 PM »
I just got back from Mille Lacs in Garrison Minnesota. We had 4 people going but 2 backed out last minute (as usual). 14 " of ice out to 1/4 mile 12" of ice everywhere else. I feel like a junkie just got his fix. Fishing was good if you worked at it. Headed out to some mud flats 3 miles out at 3 AM and returned to our sleeper at 10 AM then back out at 2 PM and return at 9 ish. You get to drive a vehicle right to your sleeper (10 x 20) shanty. We got some nice fish too. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

The weather is starting to look hopeful here too. I am not putting anything away.

Offline The Darkness

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: junkie got his fix
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2007, 06:59 PM »
Glad to hear it frog!
You should have put out an all call.
A few of us would have joined you!
 ;D

WORK is that annoying time between FISHING TRIPS

Offline frog eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2007, 11:08 PM »
I was thinking I should have made another check. I made one a couple of weeks ago w/ a subject called "road trip" but didn't seem to have any inquiries. There may be another soon for an extended weekend if Bay De Noc freezes. We make that once per year but right now it's wide open too. I'll put out an APB before.

Offline frog eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:22 AM »

Offline frog eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:28 AM »
It didn't work. I opened an account at photo bucket and did a copy / paste on the pic. I believe that's what it says in the FAQ forum. Anyone have some help?

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:40 AM »
Frog eyes  here's your pic
When you pasted it here if you highlight it at press the Insert Image its the button next to the ball below the I
Chad

Offline Yogi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2007, 10:25 AM »
Hey frog eyes.  We always make a ice fishing trip somewhere.  Last year was to Canada this year was going to be Minnesota.  What kind of fish did you guys catch up at that lake you went to.  How much was the trip and how long of a drive was it for you.  If you could give me some information.  I would greatly appreciate it.

Yogi

Offline The Darkness

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2007, 03:08 PM »
I was thinking I should have made another check. I made one a couple of weeks ago w/ a subject called "road trip" but didn't seem to have any inquiries. There may be another soon for an extended weekend if Bay De Noc freezes. We make that once per year but right now it's wide open too. I'll put out an APB before.
Please do.
Even though it is going to start getting cold here for us, I still fear that it won't be enough, long enough to get the job done.
I'm hoping it happens for us, but you never know.
Road trip may be the only way to go, so if that's the case, "Let's git 'r' done!"

Offline frog eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2007, 12:58 PM »
Hey frog eyes.  We always make a ice fishing trip somewhere.  Last year was to Canada this year was going to be Minnesota.  What kind of fish did you guys catch up at that lake you went to.  How much was the trip and how long of a drive was it for you.  If you could give me some information.  I would greatly appreciate it.

Yogi

Yogi
It's a 10 hr drive from NW In. We've been there a few times now and go to a place called Garrison Marina www.garrisonsports.com  in the NW side of the lake. We've been to a couple of other places that don't put you on fish. Garrison's will move shacks weekly to keep you on a bite and give you GPS coordinates of other spots too. Kind of like getting a guide for free. He's honest and will tell you when the bite is slow. In our our case he said the bite was slow but we did well. 39 " Northern, 29 1/2" - 27 - (3) 25" about 10 between 16" and 19" walleyes.  The slot for keepers (eyes) are anything below 20" and 1 above 28" per person. Fishing is tough on weekends near crowds. They are now getting to an ice thickness where you can drive vehicles all the way out to the mud flats (3 mi) so you should be able to get away from crowds. Total cost was about 400 per person but we rented a trailer to pull the ATV up and ate/ drank pretty well. Hot color in shallow water (10' -15') was red bead and blood red hook w shiner/ dead stick. Deep water (20' - 25') was green glow and chartreuse buck shot rattle, #5 or 7 jigging rapala.

Offline frog eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2007, 01:02 PM »
Please do.
Even though it is going to start getting cold here for us, I still fear that it won't be enough, long enough to get the job done.
I'm hoping it happens for us, but you never know.
Road trip may be the only way to go, so if that's the case, "Let's git 'r' done!"

I'm keeping my eye on the bay de noc reports. it's a 6 hr drive and doable over a weekend. I'll let you know.

Offline The Darkness

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2007, 03:36 PM »
Great!
Weekend, week, month........ :)
Thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.