Author Topic: headed to eastern up  (Read 2180 times)

Offline bowarrow

• IceShanty Rookie
headed to eastern up
« on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:48 PM »
headed to eastern u.p. sun & mon probably drummond island , talked to johnsonson sport shop said there is about 1" of ice on bay . If it dosent grow more hard water , any body know of safe ice in the area ? :

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: headed to eastern up
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2007, 11:34 AM »
Would you mind posting the number to johnson sport shop. I'm looking for hard water in the area also. I called dukes in newberry and they said yesterdays warm weather really hurt the big lakes. He said that they might still be fishing on the smaller lakes to the north but he didn't know for sure. Theres caribou lake by detour but i don't know the conditions. Let me know what you find out.

Offline bowarrow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2007, 12:41 PM »
Johnsons sport shop # is 906-493-6300 .. the shop is closed mon and tues ..talk to rick very helpful

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2007, 12:46 PM »
Thanks.....I just called the general store in goetzville and he said caribou may be ready to fish tomorrow

Offline bowarrow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2007, 03:18 PM »
Just got back from munuscong and drummond island good ice, good fish, and great time ,perch in 18" of water

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2007, 07:19 PM »
thanks for the report. Where did you get on the ice at? I drove down to caribou lake on sunday and there was only about 2 inches of ice so we drove around munuscong and the only road that seemed like it went down to the water was 18 mile.

Offline bowarrow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2007, 09:05 PM »
T-man , got on at the village of munuscong , the guy at the general store where the road  (48) dead ends told us where to acess at the state owned drive. cant miss all the fishermen . about 4-6" of ice . seemed wierd fishing in 18" of water but found the fish right in the bull rushes sticking through the ice . Scotts bay at drummond was also 4-6 " of good ice, harder to find fish , bring your gps and map to id islands .bring minnows they are hard to find in the area.good luck

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2007, 09:54 PM »
Thanks a lot. I may give it a try this weekend if I'm not able to make it back to manistique lakes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.