Author Topic: Eagle Fishmark 480 LCD on ice  (Read 1291 times)

Offline bobfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Eagle Fishmark 480 LCD on ice
« on: Jan 09, 2007, 02:10 PM »
I am back to ice fishing this year and I had three Eagle LCD depthfinders so I set up my Eagle Fishmark 480 with an old blue box that I had from ice fishing years ago and with a new battery, I am fairly happy.  Fishmark 480 has FasTrak on the right side of the LCD that functions as a vertical flasher.  As far as I can tell, I can easily track my jig down as I lower it, when I move, the mark on the LCD moves, if it is not realtime, it is close enough that I can't tell.  It isn't that cold out, so I don't know how well it will function in real cold, but I may not be out there anyway.  For ice fishing experts, isn't really cold weather like a cold front in summer, and not a great time to fish?? Just a question that has occurred to me.   I turned the ping, chart speed, and sensitivity way up, now I want to experiment with different contrast and brightness settings, etc.  Anybody else using similar setups??  Any pointers for me??

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Eagle Fishmark 480 LCD on ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2007, 08:25 AM »
when its cold out keep the light on the max setting. The extra heat from the light helps keep the crystals moving. I've fished from the boat in below freezing weather and the LCD is sluggish when first turned on, but warms up after a while and works fine. I use my Fl-18 on the ice, but you should be fine with the LCD especially if your in a shack.

Offline rabcon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2007, 07:55 PM »
I fish perch in 60' of water with the 480 fish mark portable and it works great !!!!!!!!! I am also fishing in a heated Clam Guide. I can pinpoint each of my #6 hooks with only a fish eye on the hook . I haven't ever fished with a flasher but very pleased with the 480  :tipup: ;D

Offline PolarEscape

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2007, 10:35 AM »
I use an Eagle Cuda 128 Portable, for Ice fishing and have been very happy with my results. I am planning to upgrade to a Marcum LX5 next year, but I have had good luck with my LCD locator. I think I will just use the Cuda in my boat or maybe bring along for a fish'n buddy to use once I get my LX5.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.