Author Topic: Clam 2000 Ice Anchor points (w/ pics)  (Read 4341 times)

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
Clam 2000 Ice Anchor points (w/ pics)
« on: Dec 29, 2006, 05:16 PM »
In http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=40655.0, I mentioned that I was working on fab/bashing some anchor points for ice anchors on my Clam 2000 portable shanty.  I wanted something that would be functional, low profile and also provide a better method of closing the halves together when pulling over ice.

I used 1/16" high tensile aircraft grade aluminium, all stainless steel fasteners, washers, and lock nuts in this project.

Before I started.  Obviously, I've the Special Edition "Wee Man" model.

I sheared eight 1" x 12" hunks of aluminum and punched 5 holes for the anchor point and fasteners to clamp the plastic floor of the clam between two pieces of aluminum.

Then, lined up and drilled the holes in the side of the floor for the fasteners and screwed everything together.
Outside

Inside

Repeat that 3 more times for each corner...
When you fold the Clam, if you lined everything up right, the eye bolts will line up and you can use them to hold the clam folded when towing on ice.

After finishing, I noticed that the tow rope isn't attached all that well, so I whacked up some mounts the same way as the ice anchor points. 

Outside

Inside

All the hardware in this build can be bought at any well stocked hardware store.  Make sure you get stainless for the hardware, you'll pay a little more but you'll never have to worry about rust.  The aluminum will be a little harder to get ahold of, but most metal shops or marine repair should have something close to what I used.

PM if you have any questions.

Matt

Offline saranacjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Clam 2000 Ice Anchor points (w/ pics)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2007, 06:52 PM »
Great idea. I might just have to try that if we get any ICE this year. AWESOME JOB

Offline TheShocker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2017, 12:36 PM »
Hi I am new to the site but have been reading a lot of the past few years. I currently just purchased a clam 200 for myself but have been looking for ideas on how to anchor it properly also as there is nothing included.

Your pictures don't show up. Any chance you still have some current photos so I can replicate your system? Thanks in advance.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2017, 12:44 PM »
Hi I am new to the site but have been reading a lot of the past few years. I currently just purchased a clam 200 for myself but have been looking for ideas on how to anchor it properly also as there is nothing included.

Your pictures don't show up. Any chance you still have some current photos so I can replicate your system? Thanks in advance.

Really old post ...get pair Eskimo anchors ....Two 3/8 eye bolts ...4 nylon nuts and washers 4 fender washers ..screw through shelters base ...them secure via a carabineer  to anchor
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.