New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: D.E.C Says...It's up to you !  (Read 1128 times)

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
D.E.C Says...It's up to you !
« on: Dec 27, 2006, 08:43 AM »
I spoke with the region 8 director this morning about VHS and the whole bait issue .
I know there has been some question in regards to proving your bait is ok to use .
Here is what he said , You can use any bait you want even if you caught it without proof of where it came from but they are relying on the public to do the rite thing and only use them in the water they were caught from .
you can only have 100 minnows in your bucket at any time no matter where they come from or if they have been tested .
Smelt ... there is no way for them to prove where they came from so this is almost unenforceable but again they are relying on us to do the rite thing .
If you do buy your minnows all the bait shops are supposed to give you a copy of the certificate that they get with each new batch of minnows or a receipt but it's up to you to get one .

This all came from the director of region 8 and as he said this is almost not enforceable but let's do the rite thing and protect our resources .

Offline KingFisher1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: D.E.C Says...It's up to you !
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2006, 08:56 AM »
I don't think this will be a problem for those who buy their bait at baitshops, since they will only be selling certified minnows, but for all the people who trap their own bait, please follow the new rules, we need to protect our fisheries. I would hate to hear "remember when we used to catch fish in this lake?"

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.