The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Xmas gifts?  (Read 2174 times)

Offline blake_b

• IceShanty Rookie
Xmas gifts?
« on: Dec 24, 2006, 10:21 PM »
opened gift from santa early, i got an aqua view scout,FL18-PP2, 30$ gift card to sporting goods store, a minkota stern mount trolling motor for my aluminum fishing boat, i pod nano, 200pc drill bits,new drill 1/2 inch. i made out good, what did she get are you wondering, nothing till tommorrow, but then it's a $12k engagment ring.

Offline nailbender

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Beer tastes so much better on ice
Re: Xmas gifts?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2006, 09:40 AM »
 got a mr buddy heater fillet knife and some prop cylnders.
If there was no ice I would shake the dice and see if my portable sled worked as a boat

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2006, 06:27 PM »
Lump o' cole

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2006, 09:43 PM »
all i got from santa was the gift of life !..
Hard Ice

Offline JOEZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2006, 04:10 PM »
Blake run away now while your a head!!! dint look back!!

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2006, 04:28 PM »
I am not telling.  I don't want you thinking Santa loves me more. 

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2006, 07:32 PM »
Spent all of the Christmas budget on the kids, nuthin left fer pa! :'(

My wife and I make a deal to not spend anything on eachother for Christmas. Our anniversary falls one month after Christmas, then we go all out. It gives us a month to recover from the stress and expense of the holidays, and also prevents us from jacking up the credit cards out of guilt. ;D

It takes a special lady to make something like this work, don't try this at home!!! ;)

Offline Uncle Grump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2006, 01:14 PM »
A box of asst'd softwater fishing stuff - a Secret Santa exchange on another forum I participate in....

A ice fishing sweatshirt from my daughter....

A $25 gift card from #2 son....

A HP all in one - printer/scanner/copier/fax from #1 son and my bride - network ready - so will be able to
make available to all the 'puters at home....

Way more than I expected....

UG

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2006, 01:54 PM »
Got me some Ice-Armor in the form of the blue-black suit, a 25" Uglystik Jig stick, an Ice-Bandit 2 man Shanty along with a couple of tip-ups, and a new pair of Kamik boots...set up the house in my apartment and slept in my suit in the shanty...wife thinks I am crazy.  I agree
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Offline njsimonson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Panfish are the new walleyes
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2006, 02:09 PM »
Got my Vex FL-20 in November from my girlfriend.
Got a pair of Arctic Shield System glvoes from my bro and a day and a half off from work to hunt roosters and ice fish.  That made my holiday. 

Didn't get the peace on earth I wanted  :(  but had many cups of good cheer.   ;D
Born to fish, forced to go to work and think about fishing and talk about fishing with coworkers.

Offline drillinholz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2006, 10:33 PM »
got a Jiffy power auger.  Lowrance Expedition GPS.  and some assorted jigs

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2006, 03:55 AM »
Blake I agree with JOEZ run son while you can that 12k ring is one thing then ya get married and she takes half your shanty then you got nothing not even a pole lol

Offline JOEZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2006, 09:03 AM »
That reminds me of a friend of mine. He had just gotten paid and was heading out to go put a down payment on a engagement ring. thought he would go ice fishing for a little bit first, stopped by the bait store for some waxes and wound up buying a brand new ice auger also. he had spent his money and didn't get the ring till a couple weeks later. for all its worth they were divorced with in a year.

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2006, 09:09 AM »
Holy crap, I missed that part.  $12K??  Unless you picked it up at a pawn shop for about $700, you're nuts!! 

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #14 on: Dec 29, 2006, 01:34 PM »
Woman who needs $12k ring...$12,000 and then some...(i.e. Arm and Leg, life-savings, extended family's life savings)

Wedding Cost for a woman who needs a $12K ring...$200,000 (for the dress)

Coming to the realization that you will never be able to spend a dime on ice-fishing necessities...So far from priceless you cry yourself to sleep

Alternate Plan:

eBay 1ct diamond ring....$15

Wedding in Vegas...$50

All the ice-fishing time you want because she likes to ice-fish too...Priceless
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Offline blake_b

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 30, 2006, 01:47 AM »
hold on, what i chose to spend my loot on is my biz. i would spend it ten times over, she loves to go fishing and will go with me on any excursion i shall decide (i get to fish sailfish in mexico for two weeks every winter). besides the fiance's father is jewler in vegas, i wont tell you what the ring is worth, just what i spent ;D or you might wanna track her down and cut her hand off. lol

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 30, 2006, 02:02 AM »
we got married this last June and with some of the gift money we got, she insisted we get a Aqua-View  ;D
Then last x-mas she got me a brand new gas auger  ;D
And this year for x-mas she saw me eying up a pair of LaCrosse Iceking boots, and somehow they were under the tree.  ;D
This year she got everything she wanted for x-mas, and including the wedding and the rings, it was still less than 12K
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #17 on: Dec 30, 2006, 03:34 AM »
Blake a word of advice and take it for what it's worth but don't screw that one up!!!! You can't replace it trust me I've TRIEDDDDDDDDDDD lol

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #18 on: Dec 30, 2006, 08:10 PM »
If she loves to fish, then hang on and enjoy the ride...we are all rooting for you!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.