The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Re: Cranberry Glade/Somerset  (Read 7030 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
Re: Cranberry Glade/Somerset
« Reply #30 on: Dec 26, 2006, 09:41 AM »
Did it come with an auto-deploying life jacket? If so I want one too.
the new version does,mine just has the logo for ID if it becomes a recovery.  mofish
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 26, 2006, 08:57 PM »
it says GIVE ALL MY ICE FISHING GEAR TO SLIDER

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 27, 2006, 02:32 AM »
it says GIVE ALL MY ICE FISHING GEAR TO SLIDER

does that include my suburban too!
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #33 on: Dec 27, 2006, 03:29 AM »
nah,  that goes to me   ;D
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day.  But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline pletch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 27, 2006, 07:58 AM »
Finders keepers
ice is your friend

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 27, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Finders keepers
the way things are goin you can have my stuff i aint usin it,although it was 30 degrees and a blizzard in donegal/somerset      mofish

Offline CAMOTIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #36 on: Dec 28, 2006, 12:12 PM »
the way things are goin you can have my stuff i aint usin it,although it was 30 degrees and a blizzard in donegal/somerset      mofish

MO-take a ride up to Erie...the burbot are hitting hard! Went up this past weekend to visit the folks. Fished the end of the South Pier-caught a 33 incher and lost 2 in an hour. Take State St into town, pass Hamot hospital and take a right on the bayfront drive-take the second light, left to the pier. Use large shiners or 4-6 smaller ones per hook, on a perch rig. If you need bait, don't take the left at the light, continue to the next stop-take a hard left (east ave.), then a right. There's a humble bait shop (out of a truck trailer). He has large shiners, or the best bait is cut shad-he has a stock-great guy; he caught a 40" burbot last week off the pier. Fish the northeast (right side) of the pier-all the way to the end. Bring a large bucket and a large net with a long handle-you'll need both. Best bite is in the a.m. or p.m., but my catch was at noon. Use at least a 12# test and don't fall in trying to net the things!

Tim

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #37 on: Dec 28, 2006, 05:51 PM »
Lot of guys up there for them?
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day.  But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline CAMOTIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #38 on: Dec 28, 2006, 06:26 PM »
Lot of guys up there for them?

Only a few, Travis. This is a fish worth catching. Great eating! Better than Walleye!

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #39 on: Dec 28, 2006, 09:50 PM »
how long do they usually run through the channel?  May have to get a steelhead/burbot trip together.

Offline CAMOTIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #40 on: Dec 29, 2006, 08:57 PM »
how long do they usually run through the channel?  May have to get a steelhead/burbot trip together.

Travis-probably thru February-let me know if you want to take a run up and when. It's a fish worth the trip-I could meet you mon or tues if you can make it.
 You can call me @ 724-789-7964

Offline jig-jig THUMP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IceFishinFool!
« Reply #41 on: Dec 29, 2006, 10:21 PM »
I think that burbot is what we called "Ling" in MT.  Best I can describe them is a cross between a catfish and eel.  Tasty fish and is a bottom feeder.  I think there might be concern about eating bigger fish in contaminated waters since they will have a higher concentration of toxins in them from eating baitfish for all of their longer life (than the smaller ling).  I recall hearing warnings about this when I lived in MT a few years back.

They were fun to catch on the ice.  Some were real bruisers (needed the gaff to get them out).  Good luck if you go.

jjT

Happiness is watching the blip rise to the bait on my Vex!

Offline jonesy74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 30, 2006, 05:14 AM »
Dress warm the wind can be brutal. Don't forget your glow jigs

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 31, 2006, 02:14 PM »
Travis-probably thru February-let me know if you want to take a run up and when. It's a fish worth the trip-I could meet you mon or tues if you can make it.
 You can call me @ 724-789-7964
thankx tim to tired to go any further north maybe after the first     mofish     happy new year

Offline pletch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 02, 2007, 10:33 AM »
Over the past 5 days the lake has a skim of ice thru most of the day all we need is the days to get a little colder. I hope to hit it by next saturday. cross you r fingers
ice is your friend

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 02, 2007, 12:51 PM »
thankx pletch its a relief knowing the blue crew is on the job    mofish

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 03, 2007, 04:29 AM »
Over the past 5 days the lake has a skim of ice thru most of the day all we need is the days to get a little colder. I hope to hit it by next saturday. cross you r fingers
woo hooo it was 23 degrees in garrett at 300am i pray this keeps up. snow on the ground is a good thing ie radiational cooling dont ya know      mofish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.