The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Keyhole  (Read 6178 times)

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Keyhole
« on: Dec 14, 2006, 07:58 AM »
I'll Start 6" of ice. Fished east end by the dam 3 times so far caught some small eye's and Crappie jigging 36' water biggest eye 3lb.

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Keyhole
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2006, 08:22 AM »
She is making ice! Gooood Ice! west end 8" Mule creek 10"  west end by boat ramp caught 40 Crappies mostly all small kept 15, caught 4 eyes all small kept 1 should have let it go. 1 perch let it go. 1 Carp gave it the boot!

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2006, 08:41 AM »
GREAT JOB BIG ICE !!!
WAS THAT ALL IN ONE DAY? OR DID YOU CAMP OUT IN THAT AWSOME SHANTY OF YOURS?

I WENT TO THE BIG SANDY YESTERDAY. THE WIND WAS HOWLING !!!!!!! ONLY CAUGHT A COUPLE OF SMALL BURBOTS. IT WAS STILL A GREAT DAY .

WYO ICE
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2006, 01:50 PM »
Great to hear.  I was scared as warm as it has been that the ice would have deteriorated badly.  Maybe head over around New Years.  I don't know what your schedule is like Big Ice, but I'll try to give you a call tonite. 

Eric

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2006, 09:53 AM »
Wyo Ice,
            I just fished the day but it was daylight to dark, trying to catch the Walleye bite. That darn wind can spoil a day, I just don't like the wind but here in Wyoming it is something we just put up with. You get fish though good job! Traxion the ice is good. Here is a pic from yesterday! of my ugly mug! Crappie hopping see all my hole behind me!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2006, 11:39 AM »
Hey nice craps, dude!  That is fun.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2006, 09:32 PM »
Went to Keyhole this afternoon. Did not get there until 3:00 pm fished until 5:00 caught 3 eyes about 15 Crappies! Kept just this one fish. Looked like it would fit in the skillet just right.Thought I would try different type Picture!

Offline tumbleweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Nice fish Big Ice. I have a question for you. Are you taking those pictures yourself with a tripod or do you have a buddy handy? It looks like your getting kind of artsy with em.  ;D

...Hmph, I been settin' so long my old behinder is stiff..." Doig's Grandma

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2006, 01:44 PM »
tumbleweed,
                 I fish most of the time by myself. I use a tripod. I have got into pictures this season and learned something about them for my son, you know those kids and computers. Its been kinda fun.

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 27, 2006, 07:48 PM »
Nice fish Big Ice.  Going to try to come over this weekend, if the weather isn't too bad.  If it is bad I'll stick around here and make my yearly pile of sausage!!!!!  The b/w photo makes the ice look neat!!!

Offline ice_nut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 27, 2006, 08:43 PM »
Nice pics Big Ice. Do you know if any pike are getting caught this winter? I sure do miss fishing for them.....

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 27, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Traxion,
           I am working this weekend. I have Monday off. But if you need any info give me a jingle!

ice nut,
           I don't think anybody has been fishing period, Everytime I have been out I haven't seen a sole. I have not been fishing for Pike yet this season mostly just trying to find eyes.

Offline tomb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2006, 07:56 PM »
I am planning on fishing Keyhole next weekend and I was wondering if there is anywhere around there to buy minnows? Any info would be appreciated. Thanx. :tipup:
Matt

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2007, 08:15 AM »
TOMB,
THERE'S BAIT AT THE BAR ON THE RIGHT AS YOU COME INTO PINEHAVEN. OR THE ACE STORE IN GILLETTE ALSO HAS BAIT.
MAYBE BIG ICE CAN CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG. I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE IN A YEAR.
TIGHT LINES
WYO ICE
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2007, 08:27 AM »
tomb,
        Sorry should have reply sooner. To many irons in the fire. Wyoming Ice is right at Pinehaven the place is now called Dugan's Bar and Grill they should have minnows #1-307-756-9707. Now I have heard sometimes they run out so call I don't get minnows there I Seine my own, so make sure to call them. Also the last I knew Ace Hardware in Gillette did NOT have minnows.

Offline tomb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2007, 08:59 PM »
Thanks big ice,
      How is the ice, last year there were some real wicked pressure ridges. Heading north Saturday morning.
Matt

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2007, 10:26 PM »
Tomb,
        There are some pressure ridges. Be careful around them. The ice on the average is about 10". The ice always seems to be less close to shore around the rocks, so be careful close to shore around them. I don't know if I will be at the Lake this weekend but if I am I will try to let you know and we can visit and I give you some idea's where to fish.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #17 on: Jan 03, 2007, 06:01 PM »
Hey Big Ice
I'm heading over Friday or Saturday with the wife and daughter
You have any hot spots?????  Pats Point???  I've never really done good over there but it would be nice to get my 2 yr old on some decent slabs.

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 2007, 06:37 PM »
I'll be over on Saturday.  Not sure where I am going to concentrate my efforts.  I'll be on foot with a Trap Guide.  Probably just me.  Stop and say hi if you are around.  Hoping to get there around 9:30 or so, fish till dark and a little after.  Hope I can slay a few!!!!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2007, 10:00 PM »
Mooter,
           I sent you a personal message. Are you bringing a wheeler or will you be a foot. maybe you Traxion and I can get together.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 04, 2007, 10:14 AM »
I'll be on foot.  I'm pulling my 16 foot camper over with my 2000 GMC.  I will look out for you all.

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 04, 2007, 09:03 PM »
Hey Big Ice, I think I know your sons friend harbuzz. Correct me if Im wrong. Harbuzz and I ice fish all the time because of our schedules. I just wanted to say hello and I enjoy your pictures. I've told James that we should go up to Keyhole this year. Ive been meaning to go for a couple of years now. Anyway i wont keep you so good fishing to ya

Bill Bohman

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 04, 2007, 11:14 PM »
Hey Bill,
           My son did mention that he had a friend that knew someone who was on the Ice Shanty. He told me your name. I said I know that name bohman77. My son did say he fished with Harbuzz some. Nice to visit with you. Good luck fishing! catch a big fish for Team Wyoming! Also if you were to make a trip up this way make sure to get ahold of me on how the fishing is and I will try to help all I can. Go Pokes!

Offline tomb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 2007, 07:15 PM »
is it as windy there as it is here, I was coming today but put it off cause of the wind, have to be at a trade school in Gillette mon so maybe try to find some evening wallys!
Matt

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 06, 2007, 08:08 PM »
Tomb, it was a great day on the ice today.  Wind didn't hardly blow.  Crazy I know, as I drove in this morning I thought I was crazy.  But once I got there it was very nice.  Wind was picking up just as I left.  Caught lots of crappies, no real monsters, and a few eyes.

Big Ice-  Just wanted to say thanks again for the hospitality, direction, and bait today.  I had a great time.  We didn't run on to many walleyes but the crappies were fun.  It's nice to be on the ice with good people regardless of what we catch.  I plan on coming back soon.  Oh, thanks for the transport as well, it would have been a long haul w/o.  Tell Jim thanks again as well.  I'll be in touch.  THANKS!!!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 07, 2007, 02:38 AM »
Good when a plan comes together...lol....glad you had fun

tomb:

Too bad you couldn't make it out...sounded like a fun time.

did Big Ice do any good Traxion?
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 08, 2007, 10:00 AM »
Tomb, it was a great day on the ice today.  Wind didn't hardly blow.  Crazy I know, as I drove in this morning I thought I was crazy.  But once I got there it was very nice.  Wind was picking up just as I left.  Caught lots of crappies, no real monsters, and a few eyes.

Big Ice-  Just wanted to say thanks again for the hospitality, direction, and bait today.  I had a great time.  We didn't run on to many walleyes but the crappies were fun.  It's nice to be on the ice with good people regardless of what we catch.  I plan on coming back soon.  Oh, thanks for the transport as well, it would have been a long haul w/o.  Tell Jim thanks again as well.  I'll be in touch.  THANKS!!!

You guys are great

Big Ice thanks a bunch.  My buddy Rod and I had a great time hanging in the shanty with you.  Thanks for the tips and the hospitality. 

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 08, 2007, 01:43 PM »
Mooter, how did you and Rod end up??  Catch any more fish that night or Sunday morning??  Hope you had a good trip, it was nice meeting you!!!!!!!!

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 08, 2007, 04:46 PM »
Mooter, how did you and Rod end up??  Catch any more fish that night or Sunday morning??  Hope you had a good trip, it was nice meeting you!!!!!!!!

I caught about a 1 pound marble eye and 2 more perch.  They all went back.  We left at noon on Sunday.  Got back in town just to run to Rods house for a few games of pool to finish off the beer supply we brought fishing.  If you guys are ever up here in Sheridan let me know and well go tilt a few back.  Thanks again and good luck

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 08, 2007, 06:21 PM »
Hey Guys It was great to fish with you. Traxion and Mooter, Rod so glad to see you guys made the trip. The fishing was good the catching wasn't so great. Mooter get Rod signed up on this Ice Shanty. I can see if I fished very much with you guys I might have to much fun and I  might not feel that good in the a.m.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.