New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Re: Chatauqua/Chatauqua  (Read 3486 times)

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
Re: Chatauqua/Chatauqua
« on: Dec 07, 2006, 11:02 AM »
Hey everyone! Looks like its that time of year again. ;D

I drove over the bridge last night and although it was dark, there appeared to be snow on top of a hard lake. Couldn't see how far up it went. Didn't have time to stop and check. Has anyone been able to see if I was imagining things or is it really froze over? I know it probably isn't safe yet, but hard water is a good sign.

Looking forward to another fun year. Everyone be sure to pray to the ice Gods!
no ice on chautauqua :tipup: :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline joey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Cold Water Curl!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2006, 08:55 AM »
Good day hardwater junkies!

Anyone have any info on what kind of recent water temps we're looking at right now?

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2006, 11:05 AM »
Good day hardwater junkies!

Anyone have any info on what kind of recent water temps we're looking at right now?
I could not believe my eyes but last night burtis bay was all iced over.But this weeks weather wont help that :tipup:

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2006, 06:18 PM »
I could not believe my eyes but last night burtis bay was all iced over.But this weeks weather wont help that :tipup:

Has any one heard from that guy at We love the Outdoors.com.  He would know what the ice is like.  He's awesome.  Real good info. sharer. I can't remember his name.  I don't think this weather will help this week, at all.  Well, anyway, me and the Conklin's got the gear ready  to go.  See you out there soon, fellas.

Snafu
Man did not create the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself" CHEIF SEATTLE 1854
Member N.E.W.C  Northeastern Walleye Circuit
Member of NAIFC "North American Ice Fishing Circuit" 2002 Pro-AM Qualifier                      
Member of W.I.F.L.  Wisconsin Ice Fishing League
Some guys fish the lunar cycle, others fish the tidal cycle, I fish the Menstrual cycle.

Offline BUSSWAH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I WOULD RATHER WINTER UP NORTH!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2006, 06:42 PM »

Has any one heard from that guy at We love the Outdoors.com.  He would know what the ice is like.  He's awesome.  Real good info. sharer. I can't remember his name.  I don't think this weather will help this week, at all.  Well, anyway, me and the Conklin's got the gear ready  to go.  See you out there soon, fellas.

Snafu

Wasn't his name Dr. Atari or something like that? Haven't seen him though. I think he had a cottage in Bemus and would post the ice conditions from sitting in his kitchen.

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2006, 06:51 PM »
Wasn't his name Dr. Atari or something like that? Haven't seen him though. I think he had a cottage in Bemus and would post the ice conditions from sitting in his kitchen.

Busswah-  Good to hear from you.  How's your end of the lake?  Doesn't look like a pre- Xmas outing is gonna happen?  I hope you don't mind the 2nd guess,  but isn't it Dr. Wii? ;D ;D ;D
Man did not create the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself" CHEIF SEATTLE 1854
Some guys fish the lunar cycle, others fish the tidal cycle, I fish the Menstrual cycle.

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2006, 07:10 PM »
Unless the weatherman is wrong, I don't think we will be on the ice before Christmas this year. You never know, he has been wrong before.
I was hoping to maybe get out on some of the smaller waters. Redhouse was covered over with an inch or two but with this warm weather, it's not getting any thicker. Be lucky if it even holds up.
Oh, well. It will be here soon. I guess i will just have to spend Christmas with my family.

Did you get out in the boat for any late fall action?  A friend of mine did pretty good in mid November off of Long Point.  (Walleye).  Hopefully she'll give up a few beauty's this season. 

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2006, 07:17 AM »

Does anyone one know what the minnow situation will be at the bait dealer's by Chautauqua lake? 

Offline tomhnt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2006, 07:52 AM »
I always bring bait. The local shops are not reliable for good waleye bait or  are not open when I get there to fish. ( Dark thirty A.M.).
just trying to whack a couple of walleyes

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2006, 08:35 AM »
looks like happy hooker(under new owners)will have good bait supplies :tipup: as everyone knows all ready NO ice on chautauqua.I am at the lake every day so i will let everyone know :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2006, 08:38 AM »
looks like happy hooker(under new owners)will have good bait supplies :tipup: as everyone knows all ready NO ice on chautauqua.I am at the lake every day so i will let everyone know :tipup: :tipup:

I was just curious to see if that VHS scare, was gonna have any effect on the dealer's down there. 

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The greatest international fisherman.
« Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 2006, 11:59 AM »
Ole Doctari and Walleyehanger were the fun guys from last year snafu.

You coming to nippissing with us this year? Already have my gear packed and it's over a month away.

The conklins are booking a place at the mose-e-on-inn for you. they request that you back your vehicle directly into the building.
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2022 - Featured in Jan In-Fisherman Magazine
2019- MVP of Flag Football over 65 league
1992 - 2022 Voted the best Ice Angler in Upstate
2020 - NY Times Best Seller for Propane Crockpot Book
2017 - Iceshanty.com Hall of Fame Inductee
2016 - Voted Best Grandpa in Upstate NY again.
2018 - Donated 1MM to Help Rebuild Afrikan Nation
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.
2022 - Micro-dehydrating propane cookbook debut on Amazon

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #12 on: Dec 14, 2006, 03:32 PM »
Ole Doctari and Walleyehanger were the fun guys from last year snafu.

You coming to nip**censored**ing with us this year? Already have my gear packed and it's over a month away.

The conklins are booking a place at the mose-e-on-inn for you. they request that you back your vehicle directly into the building.

Hijinks Whats the date of that trip.  I think your buddy,Emptycooler is bunking with the  redhead.  were you staying?  You guy's missed the hot bite in November.  Emptycooler winterized his boat in July, I think.

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 14, 2006, 04:57 PM »
Hijinks Whats the date of that trip.  I think your buddy,Emptycooler is bunking with the  redhead.  were you staying?  You guy's missed the hot bite in November.  Emptycooler winterized his boat in July, I think.

Jan 18th- weekend. Leaving first thing Thursday morning. Good crew going up - 10-15 dudes I think. Of course it's turning into a mess with everyone not sure who's riding where, who's leaving when, etc. I'm riding with emptycooler's brother, so crossing the border is always an experience. Last time they had the dogs nipping at us coming back into the states.

Ole Doctari should be back on soon, spreading his wisdom of everything on everything.
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2006, 09:35 AM »
Jan 18th- weekend. Leaving first thing Thursday morning. Good crew going up - 10-15 dudes I think. Of course it's turning into a mess with everyone not sure who's riding where, who's leaving when, etc. I'm riding with emptycooler's brother, so crossing the border is always an experience. Last time they had the dogs nipping at us coming back into the states.

Ole Doctari should be back on soon, spreading his wisdom of everything on everything.
Hijinks,  I don't know if I'll make that trip.  Might be  a last minute decision. I think Emptycooler still sore with all of us.  You know he took a pretty bad beatin on the big water this year.  Almost as bad as the clinic we put him thru last Ice.  I look foward from hearing from Ole Doctari.  He's awesome.  His word is gold, in my book.

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2006, 11:38 AM »
Hijinks,  I don't know if I'll make that trip.  Might be  a last minute decision. I think Emptycooler still sore with all of us.  You know he took a pretty bad beatin on the big water this year.  Almost as bad as the clinic we put him thru last Ice.  I look foward from hearing from Ole Doctari.  He's awesome.  His word is gold, in my book.

Got it. It'll be a drunken debackle up there anyways. I'll be down to Chatauqua when she's iced over. Not sure why we drive 7 hours to the nipper when we can go down the road to oneida and have the same luck. Strip joints, and it gives Emptycooler a chance to berate the canadians for a weekend.

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2006, 10:29 AM »
Got it. It'll be a drunken debackle up there anyways. I'll be down to Chatauqua when she's iced over. Not sure why we drive 7 hours to the nipper when we can go down the road to oneida and have the same luck. Strip joints, and it gives Emptycooler a chance to berate the canadians for a weekend.

I hope they get safe Ice up there for the trip, with the weather this warm, it's looking scary.  I'm still shoot archery over here.  Bought a nice 3 D target from some kid's around the block for $15.  Haven't heard much from empty cooler, (or Freezer).  Must be hanging with his pal "RED" latley. 

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2006, 06:32 PM »
  I hope they get safe Ice up there for the trip, with the weather this warm, it's looking scary.  I'm still shoot archery over here.  Bought a nice 3 D target from some kid's around the block for $15.  Haven't heard much from empty cooler, (or Freezer).  Must be hanging with his pal "RED" latley. 

Yup - looked at the long range up there, and it's just going to snow with not much coldness coming. But - we have a month, and a good week or so of some sub-artic would lock her up nicely. I'll cast from shore, i don't care.

Anyways - I'll be out the 26th to knock down some birds on the land here. 3 ponds are all packed full of ducks, so it'll be a mess that morning.

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #18 on: Dec 27, 2006, 06:27 PM »
Hijinks:  Baby Conklin moved last week.  Have you had a chance to stop by and see him and the Honey?   Apparantley he used Big Red's heavy equipment moving business for the jump across towns.  Can't wait for the 1st garage sale over there.  Brand new equipment , never used going  CHEAP.    Him and Red are Pal's.  Just like the Doc and King Fish.   

Offline emptyhanded

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • thump - fish onnnnnn
« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:46 PM »
snafu,

it was only time that I posted since I banned you, hyjinks and the old ball sack grabber himself doctari. Heading to the nipper this weekend for some hammerhandles but trust me when it freezes at warners bar I will be on it.
Does not play well with others

As uncle ted says - u have to kill it to grill it" its our right to bear arms and chase large women

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #20 on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:23 PM »
Wheres the little nipper??? ;D  and we can only hope there will be no wind for a while if we want to be on chautauqua it is 14 degrees here right now and looks calm lets just :bow: :tipup:

Offline joey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Cold Water Curl!!!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 18, 2007, 03:36 PM »
Man this is nuts,
I'm checking this board 5 times a day waiting to see some miracle report.....
Its like waiting for something important to come in the mail.

TIME TO MOVE TO MINNESOTA!

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #22 on: Jan 18, 2007, 04:53 PM »
Man this is nuts,
I'm checking this board 5 times a day waiting to see some miracle report.....
Its like waiting for something important to come in the mail.

TIME TO MOVE TO MINNESOTA!
I'd say thats probably the best idea,i'll be shocked if we get on chautauqua with the forcasts calling for lake affect snow and strong winds :'( :tipup:

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #23 on: Jan 20, 2007, 09:58 AM »
snafu,

it was only time that I posted since I banned you, hyjinks and the old ball sack grabber himself doctari. Heading to the nipper this weekend for some hammerhandles but trust me when it freezes at warners bar I will be on it.
   Nice to here from you,again,  Empty cooler.  I saw Jaws and reds trucks in your driveway all weekend, it was a good deed taking them along with you to Nipper. Weather is finally turning in our favor, hopefully Chautauqua will surrender itself, to the Men of winter.  Let me know how Warners is if you get out.  I'll be searching for those pig's again at Victoria's.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.