Author Topic: ready rig ice pack  (Read 1371 times)

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
ready rig ice pack
« on: Dec 11, 2006, 01:57 PM »
I was thinking about getting one of these. i was looking at them on the ready rig site and at cabela's. For those of you who may have one, what do you like/dislike about them??

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline snotbubbler

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ready rig ice pack
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2007, 04:35 PM »
I recently got one but haven't used it yet since there is no ice!

I bought it to protect my beaver dams primarily but they were too long to fit in the tip up bag!  The good news is I made it work! 

The ice rod section (long portion of the pack) has 3 sections with dividers and I was able to place two BDs back-to-back in each section (6 tip-ups).  The the 6 foam hole covers fit perfectly in the area designed for the reels and hold the BDs in place. I would bet you could get 9 jig poles in there if it was used for that.

The tip-up bag is one compartment and it has smaller pockets on the front for GPS, hand warmers, or cell phones.  The sides have straps and pouches which will allow you to carry long items like jig rods, scoops, or gaffs.

Well built and an impressive strap system with a waist and sterum strap which would allow you to carry more weight than you would ever need.  Straps are long for heavy clothing.  Versatile enough and the bags can separate and each part has a carry handle.  Nice system in my opnion!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.