New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: NISID jigs?  (Read 1008 times)

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
NISID jigs?
« on: Dec 10, 2006, 04:51 PM »

Anyone tried any of these offered on their site. The beetle chain jig caught my attention along with a few others. The beetle looks like a Hali alternative. Thoughts, comments, opinions or testimonials appreciated. :tipup:

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: NISID jigs?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2006, 08:19 PM »
i picked up a bunch of their jigs. Caught a bunch of bluegills on this one jig and then the darn thing fell apart  :-\
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2006, 08:25 PM »
They had a booth set up at the St Paul, MN ice fishing show, they had some jigs that def had a few guys scratching their heads- including the ones with chains on them. I personally didn't buy any.

Offline hardwaterhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2006, 05:38 AM »
imho.....They look GAY. I also wouldent trust that chain.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2006, 05:50 AM »
imho.....They look GAY. I also wouldent trust that chain.
You may just be surprised just how well those dropper chains work.  ;) I've learned not to knock it till you try it.
         Jim

Offline hardwaterhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2006, 07:17 AM »
Oh, dont get me wrong CC. I am sure they would catch fish. I do understand the concept. Its the same as when you use a flasher above your trolling spoon for Salmon. That big blade/weight above that tiny jig is the same concept. Its just as a jig maker myself, I think I could have designed that better. I use those snaps they use for my jigs and know how small they are, therefore, I can only imagine how small that chain is. I wouldent trust it.

When I want to get the fishes attn.....I use a bigger spoon/jig. once they come in, thats when color counts, than, jigging presentation and than lastly whats on the hook. You would be amazed on how big a spoon/jig a perch, bluegill will suck in.

Another thing I dont like is, I see SERIOUS line twist jigging them. They should put a swivel on top. So again, I understand the concept and yes, its not a bad idea, just bad design. IMHO

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2006, 07:50 PM »

Definately some different designs, I may have to try some to kill my curiosity. I wonderd about the quality, a dip in the pond would be the true test(with a jack on the hook of course)! :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.