Author Topic: ice fishing in nc??  (Read 1044 times)

Offline zooker

• IceShanty Rookie
ice fishing in nc??
« on: Dec 10, 2006, 01:31 PM »
whoohoo!! as i was headed for shearon harris saturday morning i noticed the ponds were all covered in ice. the water at harris was liquid we caught 4 bass one about 3 pounds..

on the return home i noticed that some guy had drilled a hole in the middle of a 4 acre pond and was snatching crappie out of the hole hand over fist..we just had to stop and ask how the fishing was ;D-being both of us are wise a$$es-my partner declined to wander out on the ice -redneck- i walk out very gentilly.  there was 3" of the hard stuff the guy was jigging with a crappie jig. as i walked off i kept wondering if my partner in crime had a crappie rod in his boat..

been awhile since my fat butt was out on the stiff h2o. man i got da itch now. :( problem is it got up to 70 today it was 16 saturday morning..

zooker     
cranked by optima pushed by powertech in a word YAMAHA..

Offline Home Wood

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ice fishing in nc??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2006, 03:28 PM »
I also live in Wake County NC and I only saw a tiny pond yesterday, more like a puddle, skimmed over. I find it hard to believe that any body of water formed 3 inches of ice over night here, let alone be able to walk on it, but maybe it did. Where was this pond?  Never the less it was darn cold this weekend, nice wasn't it??  ;D
2004 Honda Rancher 350 4x4
2014 Honda Foreman
2005 Arctic Cat Sabercat 600
Jiffy auger
lots of tip ups
2 slush spoons

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ice fishing in nc??
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2006, 06:34 PM »
man I cant find 3 inches of ice in NY?
I wanna see pics of that ice :)
I never have went south to ice fish, but with the ice conditions here I am willing to think about it :P

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.