New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Ice Boots  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Dr. BlueGill

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • November 18, 2008
Ice Boots
« on: Dec 08, 2006, 06:22 PM »
Greetings Peeps

Got a question.  A lot of people seem to think that the Rocky Mountain Blizzard Stalkers are an ideal boot for ice fishing.  I need a new pair of boots and looking in to options.  Willing to spend $100.00 or so.  What are you guys using?

Also, I see many people are screwing hex screws in to the soles.  I assume you screw these in to the peaks of the sole tread.  I read that someone was using 1/2 " hex screws.  It seems like 1/2 " would penetrate through the boot.  No?

Thanks ..... Rob
Rob Taylor

Offline hardwater Rick

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • THROW THE SMALL ONES BACK!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ice Boots
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2006, 06:27 PM »
lacrosse   all the way  I have had mine at least 15 years  tread still good
never replaced the inside  and I have bad feet  circulation and achy all the time
never been cold,, these boots are the best for me anyway  back then they were like 80 or 90 bucks  you pay for what you get    \\so either way these are pretty much the only ones I have had in awhile     never heard of  the hex screw deal
I just wear ice cleats       Rick

PWR BAIT

« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2006, 06:52 PM »
1600 gram irishsetter pac boot ihave had them for 5 years they keep my feet warm kind of pricey.$150 i like um

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2006, 08:29 PM »
Rockey - Blizzard Stalkers
We have three pair in my house and we all love them .
Next to those  Sorrel Snow Bears are the next best bet .

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2006, 08:34 PM »
I like using insulated rubber boots  because It seems like I am always walking in snow/slush/water   while on the ice :) I used a $35 pair from basspro for the past 2 years they were warm enough most days. While in Herb Phillipsons this fall I saw they had a much better insulted pair of rubber boots for about $75 so I may try those this year If we get ice.
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline Norman Schrader

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2006, 08:52 PM »
Hey Rob,

A few of my buddies at the south end of Honeoye have been using Army Surplus Artic boots which we affectionately call "Mickey Mouse " boots because of their shape and the fact that they are white.
A couple years ago my diabetes started affecting my feet and I decided to try a pair.  They are generally about $70-80 at army surplus stores, although I got mine at the Hunting and Fishing Day show from a surplus dealer from Wolcott for only $30.
I have to admit these are the warmest boots I have ever had.  They are also coated with rubber so they stay dry inside when there is water on the ice. 

I hope to see you out on the lake soon.  I'll be on channel 7.

Good luck.

Norm
Norman J. Schrader

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2006, 08:53 PM »
1600 gram irishsetter pac boot ihave had them for 5 years they keep my feet warm kind of pricey.$150 i like um
I have the same boots!! Awesome! My feet have never been cold or wet in them! I bought my son a pair today at gander $109 on sale!

Offline iceslammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2006, 09:22 PM »
I have irishsetter 1600 gr. goretex icestalkers they have screw in metal studs like a golf shoe.
I have them for 2 seasons now and love them my feet are never cold or wet good luck

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2006, 11:43 PM »
Ditto for the "Micky Mouse Boots"...they are the best of ALL worlds!!!  Completely wateproof and the warmest boot I hve ever worn.  You can find them on E-Bay for as little as $30 - $40 bucks!!
Have never screwed hex nuts into mine, but the soles are definitely thick enough if yo want to.  But, why not get yourself a pair of either "Korkers" or the new "Stabilicers".  They fit very well onto the Mickeys and are 100% safe on ice.  Have been using the Korkers for more than 20 years and have never had even one cleat fall out of them.

Keep safe and warm this season......

IceBalls

Offline Dr. BlueGill

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • November 18, 2008
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2006, 12:23 AM »
Mickey Mouse it is.  Thanks for the info.  I found a pair for $40.00 on eBay.  He says they are military issue, the boots may have someone's name inside of them, and he has a 100% feedback rating on 2000+ items.

I like it  ;D
Rob Taylor

Offline howey1176

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2006, 07:42 AM »
Mickey Mouse it is.  Thanks for the info.  I found a pair for $40.00 on eBay.  He says they are military issue, the boots may have someone's name inside of them, and he has a 100% feedback rating on 2000+ items.

I like it  ;D

You made the right choice. ;)

Offline rbud3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2006, 09:11 AM »
HERE,HERE!!!! :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.