Author Topic: GOOSE THAT FAKED  (Read 3690 times)

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
GOOSE THAT FAKED
« on: Dec 08, 2006, 01:16 PM »
One more funny one I remembered last night.  There is a lake in IA called High Lake (not sure how it got that name...lol).  There was, in the later 80's a good perch population but it is suseptible to freeze outs since it is shallow.   Well we were there for a hot hot perch bite.  We came out at about 9 I think.  Put the shack in the back of the pickup and started towards the ramp.  Here is a lone Canadian goose in our headlights.  It starts to run like it's going to take off but never could catch any flight.  We figured it was hurt...so I got out of the truck and basically walked up to it.  It never made much effort to get away.  So I picked it up...no kidding.  Under my arm I have this live goose walking back to the cab of the truck and my buddy is in the truck with his mouth open watching me get into the cab.  We rode 45 minutes home with the goose in the front seat..yes...couple poo piles but not much.  His dad was a state cop and we knew it was illegal to posess live game animals but thought it was hurt.  We tell him the story and had the goose in the garage and fed it some bread and water and stuff.  His dad gets home and come out was amused.  He opens the garage door and nudges the goose out and it take about 6 running steps and flies away.  You tell me what that was about.

(No - it wasn't ice on the wings or legs..that was the first thing we checked.  I still think it watched us all day and wanted some beer.  The funniest part about the whole thing was the next day a single goose flew over our head.  We looked at each other and basically shook our heads as if to say "best not dig to deep on this one"  Stuff like that is what makes all outdoor sports the bomb)
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: GOOSE THAT FAKED
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2006, 05:36 PM »
I can just picture youg guys ridding down the road with the goose sitting between ya sharing a brew with it.  Then getting pulled over and trying to explain to the cop why you have a drunk goose in the front seat. 

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline nyoutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2006, 07:17 PM »
Nah, wasn't beer he was after.  He just got sick of the cold and wanted to ride in the warm truck for a while.  lol
Hunting, fishing, camping.....who says life has to be hard??

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2006, 10:49 PM »
thats too funny!

Offline jigbounce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got any biscuits for sale in there?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2006, 07:01 PM »
Just think of this goose trying to tell his other goose buddies about the theese crazy ice-fisherman that picked him up and took him for a drive.  ???  :D LOL

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Yeah...it's a great memory.  Hate to make a fun story sad but my buddy is not longer of this place.  Taken in a car wreck at age 23 in 1990.  But I laugh hysterically at what we used to do.  True story - This guy (nickname Beef) actually got pretty heated about paying $2.25 for a pack of hot dogs at a convience store in NW Iowa.  Then made them match the grocery store price sonce the expiration date was coming up close.  Then, complained about $4.00 for a 12 pack of Milwaukees Best Light.  So we're cooking hot dogs and drinking beer at 9 AM ON A SATURDAY on the shore of a 3 acre pond....you would have thought he was on a Carnival Cruise!!!  He was going on and on about how great it was...hot dogs, a camp fire, beer, etc.  We were like 20 years old.  The best part was after he complained about the hot dog prices at Caseys...he grabbed about 30 packs of Ketchup from the condiment center.  I could write about 50 pages on this guy. 
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline BlindSquirrel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2006, 07:15 AM »
Funny story.  My father-in-law has a similar one.  His involves a duck that eventually gets loose in a bar.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never mess with another man's hole.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2006, 02:26 PM »
Good times!
  Ice Fishermen Walk on Water!

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2006, 03:14 PM »
thats a great story ;D :clap: :clap:
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Funny story.  My father-in-law has a similar one.  His involves a duck that eventually gets loose in a bar.

My Dad has one about a horse and canoe in his living room and one about a dead cat in a beer box.  I will have to post them sometime.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline happy perch fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2007, 08:40 PM »
lol ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.