Author Topic: power pro?  (Read 2284 times)

Offline pikeie

• IceShanty Rookie
power pro?
« on: Dec 06, 2006, 04:35 PM »
i have a few ice reels loded with power pro but i just relized that in the summer this line absorbs water pretty good. so is power pro ok for ice fishin or should i switch to sumthin else?

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
Re: power pro?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2006, 05:53 PM »
I threw fireline on last year and haven't had a good enough excuse to take it off.
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2006, 08:15 PM »
i tried the ice power pro & it seems to retain alot of water & iced up the line alot last year. walt

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2006, 08:20 PM »
They make a powerpro ice, but I was not impressed by it an would not recomend it either., except as a leader

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never mess with another man's hole.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2006, 10:04 AM »
Haven't used it myself but I know a few guys who have and they like it alot.  Holds up well against those toothy critters.
  Ice Fishermen Walk on Water!

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Power pro does absorb a lot of water.....it's fine inside a heated shack or on warm days but tends to really ice up in freezing temps. having said that, it has excellent strength and it's small diameter makes it a good line if you're in the warm.

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2006, 11:34 AM »
I use power pro and have zero problems with icing.....my line is usually in the water  :P  sure it freezes once it's outof the H2O.....but who cares....put it back in and wallah....it melts

Offline njsimonson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Panfish are the new walleyes
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2006, 11:43 AM »
The only thing I use PP for is leaders on my tip-ups when fishing trout and walleyes.  I've found superlines tend to freeze to reels when you run-n-gun outside the shack.  If I can't land it on 4-lb mono, I wasn't meant to catch it :)
Born to fish, forced to go to work and think about fishing and talk about fishing with coworkers.

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2006, 03:31 AM »
I tend to agree with Bluefinforme. If your using Power Pro on tipup spools and your reel is under the water, who cares how much water the line absorbs. Power Pro makes excellant tipup line and after much experimenting I wont use anything esle. If your using it on a jigging rod however, there are much better choices out there.
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

PWR BAIT

« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2006, 05:30 AM »
I myself use pwr pro all year round and it does freeze below freezeing temps. But for jigging in the hut you cant beat the sensitivity, you dont have to worry about the ice cutting it when bringing a fish in un like mono.

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2007, 01:36 PM »
I use it on all my ice fishing rigs (except for tip ups).  You can't beat the sensitivity, and it usually won't freeze unless its' really cold out...  best overall line I've seen in a long time..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.