Author Topic: Where is everybody??????????  (Read 1704 times)

Offline minnesotaboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Where is everybody??????????
« on: Dec 05, 2006, 06:59 AM »
Where is everyone? Its cold :D lets talk about ICE FISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Where is everybody??????????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2006, 12:07 PM »
I've been checking in here every couple of days, just not much to report or get too excited about yet.  The 1/3 acre backyard pond only has skim ice on about 1/2 of it right now.  That warm up last week really brought the water temps back up.  The forecast is calling for a warm-up the 1st part of next week then it is supposed to cool down agian.  Hopefully these past few days have lowered the water temps enough that with the next good cooldown we may be able to get on some ponds, I've got my fingers crossed.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

flockshot

« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2006, 12:19 PM »
you guys still got a while...the canals have just started to lock up around here. i think swantuckys right..last week of 60's and rain really screwed us.

Offline Holewatcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • in a trance watching the flag
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2006, 06:43 AM »
 :( With all the cold weather maybe the're fishing and dont want to post, but that is sad.
I need to go to the bathroom, but it might flip up if I go.

Offline Gary Piotrowski

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2006, 07:09 AM »
nope   not  fishing just wishing i was fishing!!

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2006, 07:19 AM »
I check this site every day usually ??  Just waiting. Have a good supply of minnows ready. Netted them last weekend. Just have to good thru the ice tackle and rearrange And I am ready !!

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2006, 07:34 PM »
welcome back minnesota boy. the gangs still  here. still waiting for ice.

Offline WalleyeJones

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Feeling Minnesota
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2006, 02:25 PM »
The recent temperature plummet got me salivating again. Time to get the auger fired up. The ice will have to be better than last winter...what a joke!

My buddies in Minnesota are talking about the upcoming Brainerd-Jaycees tournament. I went to it a few times when I lived in Duluth. It's the largest one I've seen or heard of. Over 20,000 ice fishermen (and women). Some great prizes too. Check it out at www.icefishing.org.

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2006, 03:50 PM »
NW Ohio here... Had some ice on the pond at work last night. Too bad it wont last long.
I'm jonesing to use the LX5 on the ice. Its worse then not having a cigarette for 2 days.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline njsimonson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Panfish are the new walleyes
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2006, 04:04 PM »
They're all out throwing rocks on ponds, or screwing ice, or wrapping wire around hooks, or not at work like that dang brother of mine who caught 7 'bows through the ice this morning.  *sigh* Ahh, to be in college again. :-\
Born to fish, forced to go to work and think about fishing and talk about fishing with coworkers.

Offline dockdabber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2006, 08:13 PM »
 :Sitting here in Delphos Ohio just waiting for my ponds to freez over so i can get on the and start pulling the gills out mof them.  This year going to try my luck at walleye and saugeye ice fishing also.  Pretty good at getting the gills but want to try other fish this year also.  Retired and life is dedicated to fishing and golf.  Golf a little rough right now so its time to get the sled and buckets out again..  Never leave home without my VEX

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.