Author Topic: Winterize Boat  (Read 946 times)

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Winterize Boat
« on: Dec 01, 2006, 08:29 AM »
Took the day off to take kid to Dwenger to check it out. Thought I would use
 time to winterize boat. That was until I saw the lake in yard this morning. I still
need to find one of those pumps that screw onto the lower unit for lube. I thought about running out on Tonke Rd. to that Marina if it is still open. All we
can do now is wait. Not a fun time!
Greg
Fish on!

Offline jiggit

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Winterize Boat
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2006, 08:10 AM »
Greg,  The marina on tonkel rd is closed. I also think Dennys marina is closing or is closed, the one by 14 and I-69. The only one that I know for sure is left is the Ft. Wayne boating center on Goshen Rd across from Key Lanes bowling Center. I have one of the pumps you are talking about , I got it at Wal-mart several years ago.Good luck  Steve

Offline frog eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2006, 10:16 AM »
Greg,
I picked one up at walmart. I want to say $9 w/ a qrt of penz oil but can't say for sure. It was mixed in w/ x/mas lights

I also found some fogging oil at auto zone which is great because both are open late.

Question re: fogging >> I just removed my plugs and sprayed the cylinder then cranked it over and sprayed it again. I couldn't figure out how to spray the carb directly as it had 6 separate air intakes (one for each cylinder) when I took off the noise arrestor. Do you have any knowledge on how I accomplish that?  This is my first outboard.

Offline jiggit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2006, 02:52 PM »
Frog Eyes, I have a 1995 Johnson 115hp 4 cylinder. It have a fogging oil valve on top of the carbs. I just thread  the fogging oil hose end onto the valve, start the motor and then spray the oil till the motor dies. Smoke like hell but it is pretty easy. If you have a motor manual it should tell you if you have the valve or not. Good luck Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.