New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Bills thread for 2023-24  (Read 28427 times)

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bills thread for 2023-24
« Reply #180 on: Dec 18, 2023, 04:17 AM »
josh not  passing WAS A GOOD THING !!!!! cook was a  FANTASTIC thing  however i am  reminded  of  severel old  sayings :even a  blind  squirrel finds a nut now and the"  success  can  be  followed  bye  disappoint ment ....i remind you of the history of the  bills .......  other then that   the bills changed up their game  found  what worked  and the cowboys  never knew what hit them ......

I was literally just thinking they'll follow up this gem with a stinker against the Chargers who just gave up 63 points 🙄
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #181 on: Dec 18, 2023, 04:47 AM »
well  as people  look at the  game (which was great)  cook cn't keep playing like that  it's impossiable  .......diggs isn't going to make one handed  catches   again  ....and  allen only threw  15 passes  which  cut the  chances of interceptions  add to it the bills capitalized of  some  fowls....so  keeping in mind the  bills  DID play  great  ...they did  get LUCKY  and the  cowboys  played really  bad.......i say  enjoy the  victory today  tomorrow is a  new day.............

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #182 on: Dec 18, 2023, 04:48 AM »

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #183 on: Dec 18, 2023, 06:54 AM »
1 week at a time. Get ready to play the Chargers as if they were as good as any team. To relax now and look past any opponent would be fatal to their playoff chances. The Bills have been in playoff mode since the loss to the Eagles.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #184 on: Dec 18, 2023, 10:48 AM »
Good stuff!!! 1000% playoff mode!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #185 on: Dec 19, 2023, 06:55 AM »
I will be taking the entire week off from work when the Bills have their Superbowl parade on approximately Feb. 14. I will slowly make my way back across the state and hit up all good ice fishing as I drive east. I will meet you Trapper on Oneida that week, and you can show me where you catch walleyes on that lake.  :tipup:

If by some odd chance it ever happens I'll definitely go to the parade with you. I've said for years if they ever make it back to a Super Bowl I'm going but I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay the crazy price of the tickets. Could you imagine dropping 5 grand and then watching them lose a nail biter.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline TheWasp74

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On!
« Reply #186 on: Dec 23, 2023, 11:13 AM »
GO BILLS!!!!!!

Offline Mac Attack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #187 on: Dec 23, 2023, 11:34 AM »
Just posted this over on FB -

I could have streamed the game for free but instead I just paid the $6 to stream the game tonight on Peacock.  Stupid decision by the NFL on this.  Cannot believe they gave up all the $$$'s by limiting coverage of this game to only Peacock.  I'm sure they are getting a cut, but it cannot be anywhere near what they would have gotten if it was on a national affiliate being broadcast worldwide.  It is the only NFL game on tonight in that timeslot, AND the rest of the world is curious as to whether Buffalo can pull things off.  Just stupid on NFL's part.  Tomorrow I will cancel Peacock, just like millions of others.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #188 on: Dec 23, 2023, 12:01 PM »
Just download dofu sports. It's free, watch whatever game you want. Occasionally you will get kicked off but you just click another link and your back.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #189 on: Dec 23, 2023, 01:30 PM »
hey fishinator  thanks  man i just downloaded that app

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #190 on: Dec 23, 2023, 03:50 PM »
Fournette was activated for the game tonight. Let's hope he gets some productive carries and deepens our fast-improving run game even more. 4 healthy RB's all getting good yards can never be a bad thing.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #191 on: Dec 23, 2023, 03:59 PM »
warrior i  hope you gave  allen another  talk on the ice again 

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #192 on: Dec 24, 2023, 06:18 AM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #193 on: Dec 24, 2023, 06:50 AM »

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #194 on: Dec 24, 2023, 07:13 AM »
Thanks for those pictures again, they add a lot to this thread.

I don't have PEACOCK TV and didn't feel like sitting in a bar to watch the game. I just read the recap and didn't like anything that I read except for the final score.

For all of the big runs that James Cook has had this season, he has a BIG FUMBLING PROBLEM ! Someone might want to start an investigation and find out if the refs are putting vaseline coated balls into play when he is out there.

Bills should limit his role the rest of the way, and just get whatever yardage that Murray and Fournette can muster and then let Allen do his thing meaning 35+ pass attempts.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #195 on: Dec 24, 2023, 08:11 AM »
It wasn’t pretty but it was a win…

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #196 on: Dec 24, 2023, 08:42 AM »
Man they make me drink tooo much burbon!
too close of a game!
still a W, but is that the w from **censored**????
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #197 on: Dec 24, 2023, 09:28 AM »
kill the  cowboys  then look like  poop  playing the  chargers........

do you think the  josh is a really good  quarter back that gets unlucky sometimes ????  or is  he a  bad quarter back that gets lucky ?????

dofu  app worked  great !!!!  fish  thank you  !!!!

the game  ...i  think LA actually played  a good  game  amd the  bills  got lucky   josh had  some  nice  plays  but overall they have to play a whole  lot  better  ..........  buckski  my  beer   consumption did  rise   ;D

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #198 on: Dec 24, 2023, 09:48 AM »

do you think the  josh is a really good  quarter back that gets unlucky sometimes ????  or is  he a  bad quarter back that gets lucky ?????
I think he can be an all-star. sometimes, might be  the space between his ears that messes with em. I think if he were to be on a lake and have a crack come right through his hut, his level of swagger/confidence would be GREAT!/less panic.

Jean Cocteau

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #199 on: Dec 24, 2023, 10:24 AM »
Josh Allen being compared to Brett Favre is not unreasonable. Favre threw a lot of interceptions, I remember a game in which he threw 6 of them. Allen, thankfully, has never been close to that in a game, but still has lapses where he throws a bad interception. Those DB's are always hunting, and show me a game-changing QB, like Allen, in the league that wishes he'd not thrown a number of balls that were intercepted. I'll wait.

Both guys ( Favre and now Allen, and check the QB / INT ratio of Elway which is surprisingly bad )fell into HERO MODE and tried to do too much themselves to make an otherwise average team have a better record than they should have. I don't remember what the quality of Green Bay's running backs were overall in Favre's tenure there, may be just average, but I do know until this season that the Bills have had a below average running game, and that caused more plays to have to be made by the QB.

The problem is that when you have success playing hero, the feeling I am sure is intoxicating and that type of playing is hard to let go of.

Allen let the other guys shine against Dallas, but the way they were fumbling yesterday means he now has reason to not trust them again and will go back to hero ball. Not his fault that James Cook can't hold onto the freakin' ball ! I'll take an INT on a 3rd down pass down the field any day vs. a lost fumble. A lot of Allen and most QB INT's are in reality on 3rd and long and therefore result in field position for the opponent that would be roughly the same as if you punted on the next play.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #200 on: Dec 24, 2023, 10:35 AM »
If we are to get to the playoffs and go fairly far in the post-season, it will be because of the better O-line and D-line play this season.

I couldn't have dreamed that the defense would hold up this season as well as it has after losing 2 Pro-Bowlers, White and Milano. The D-line has really stepped up from what I have seen, particularly late in games when they need to stop a potential game-winning drive. Not all the time, but hopefully enough to win some playoff games.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #201 on: Dec 24, 2023, 10:47 AM »
LET'S GO:

Falcons
Bucs
Cowboys
Patriots
Raiders

Ravens - yes because they are going to be #1 seed in AFC anyway and we need to see them beat SF and then watch that film, so that we also know how to beat them in the SB  @)

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #202 on: Dec 24, 2023, 05:32 PM »
hey fishinator  thanks  man i just downloaded that app
No problem.  It's a great app. It has some little quirks but all games for free is a great price.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #203 on: Dec 25, 2023, 09:53 AM »
it is a great app i watched the  bills  whole game  no issues  totally free  and  if your  away you can  watch a game   ;D.....ya like football it's a  good thing to have

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #204 on: Dec 26, 2023, 04:26 PM »
Old man Belichek's superbowl this year will be preventing the Bills from making the playoffs. New England is going to bring it on Sunday with that as the backdrop. :unsure:

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #205 on: Dec 27, 2023, 10:17 AM »
I was born and raised in Buffalo and am a former season ticket holder, in the less than glamorous years. I say this with the utmost respect: the Bills couldn’t make the playoffs if the BCS Committee voted.

One nice part of this disappointing season is that I won’t have to fit in ice fishing trips around the playoff schedule.

There are some that believe McDermott is on the hot seat. I beg to differ. The schedule, coupled with the injuries have given him some arguments to retain his job.

Wow, how this script has flipped 180 degrees this month !!!!! Thgere won't be any ice anywhere in NY until after the Superbowl, so you won't have to worry about ice fishing getting in the way of your watching the Bills win it all !!!!!!!!!!!   :o

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #206 on: Dec 29, 2023, 02:20 PM »
We will see how this goes..

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #207 on: Dec 29, 2023, 02:20 PM »

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #208 on: Dec 29, 2023, 04:42 PM »
Wow, how this script has flipped 180 degrees this month !!!!! Thgere won't be any ice anywhere in NY until after the Superbowl, so you won't have to worry about ice fishing getting in the way of your watching the Bills win it all !!!!!!!!!!!   :o

Indeed, and I am okay with it!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #209 on: Dec 30, 2023, 08:55 AM »

This is too funny ! I am imaging that the QB in this picture is Mel Gibson from the movie " The Patriot ". Let's modify one of his quotes from that movie :

" Before this game is over Sean, I'm going to throw a hail Mary TD pass against you !!! "

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.