New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Bills thread for 2023-24  (Read 28411 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Bills thread for 2023-24
« Reply #150 on: Dec 14, 2023, 05:33 AM »
good  luck and  don't  forget that  spud

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #151 on: Dec 14, 2023, 11:44 AM »
Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs.
Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals.
Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens.
Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagles.
Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys.

give ya a couple extras and  i never tore  josh allen  down  ,he  did that to  himself  ,when a  talented man   keeps making the  same  mistakes  over  7 years  it's  his issue   no one  elses ....i am merely stating   how he performs  ....if  a kid  made  this  many  mistakes  at  mc donalds  they would be fired
I hadn’t seen this but just so you know trap the only 1 better out of your list is burrows. Yea mahomo has 2 Super Bowls but they got handed to him. I’m not researching but believe he has the worst completion percentage of any starting qb this year too. Including Zach white. Lmao
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #152 on: Dec 14, 2023, 12:44 PM »
all my choices  have made their teams a  better team ....... again i'm not saying josh isn't a  great  guy  not saying he can't play  not saying he can't throw  .. not saying he isn't talented....i'm saying what every  sports writer is saying  .....he is reckless makes bad decessions and  and doesn't seem to have the ablity or desire to  change  ......every one is happy the  bills  won sunday  ...bills didn't win  ....the chiefs lost  over a off sides ...now if your happy with a  7-6 recorded  14 inteceptions  18 turn overs  then allen  doesn't  need to  do anything  ........i would really like to see a super bowl trophy in buffalo  myself....and if they want to  beat the  cowboys they better all  be on their best  game

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #153 on: Dec 14, 2023, 03:15 PM »
 ::)

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #154 on: Dec 15, 2023, 10:46 PM »
I found safe ice in the Adirondacks and I am back home now with pike that I caught. You know who I met there on the ice for his first ice fishing trip ? - Josh Allen !
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #155 on: Dec 16, 2023, 07:32 AM »
 :clap:...... :roflmao:......  glad you found some  decent ice and  brought home a pike or two ....fried fish and a football game go together good .................oh tell  josh he doesn't have to hide out  on the ice ...i talked to  Mahomes and  he's  calmed  down  some  over the off sides call  ...... :roflmao:

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #156 on: Dec 16, 2023, 08:04 AM »
He liked ice fishing so much that he asked me when we could fish together again.  ;D

He confided that he liked ice fishing so much that he will be throwing the rest of the regular season games so that he won't have the playoffs interfering with his trips to meet me on the ice after January 7.   ;)

I said " I'm glad Josh that you finally realize how silly it was to devote your life to football instead of this. Nobody can be truly happy until they are introduced to ice fishing "  :-*
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #157 on: Dec 16, 2023, 08:21 AM »
Wish it was going to be a snow storm and not rain…….See how the cowgirls like that..😎😎

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #158 on: Dec 16, 2023, 08:37 AM »
Awesome cartoon, as they all are from you. Where do you find these every week ?  ???

Hopefully, Dak PICKEDALOT will go back to being his old self tomorrow.  ;)

Hopefully, JOSH will go back to rushing the ball like the madman that he was in his 1st 3 seasons. Brady has him rushing on designed plays a lot more than Dorsey did in weeks 1-11. A good call by Brady to get Josh back to using all of his talent to help the Bills win. He may need to run a lot more than the designed plays given Dallas good pass rush.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #159 on: Dec 16, 2023, 08:41 AM »
good  luck and  don't  forget that  spud

I never owned a spud, and I know I should have one. I do wear a life vest though when exploring first ice ( and fishing late ice no matter how thick it is ). We drill a test hole every 50 feet going out, and once we see consistently thick ice we don't stray from what we know is safe.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #160 on: Dec 16, 2023, 10:43 AM »
WARRIOR  I'm glad you had some fun on that rare ice that you found and came off safe.  Good for you.   However, I would highly recommend a good sharp spud. (the heavier the better)  I can honestly say that carrying a spud has saved my a$$  at least twice. Once as recent as last winter.

Please invest in a spud for your family

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #161 on: Dec 16, 2023, 12:05 PM »
I never owned a spud, and I know I should have one. I do wear a life vest though when exploring first ice ( and fishing late ice no matter how thick it is ). We drill a test hole every 50 feet going out, and once we see consistently thick ice we don't stray from what we know is safe.
  Big dummy.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣Get a spud. The ice changes every step you take…
Just don’t want to see you fall in pal..😁✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #162 on: Dec 16, 2023, 12:36 PM »
Scoreboard update :  Fellow fishermen that implore me to get a spud bar, lead those who don't 2 - 0  :whistle:

Offline UofLCARDS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #163 on: Dec 16, 2023, 02:06 PM »
Scoreboard update :  Fellow fishermen that implore me to get a spud bar, lead those who don't 2 - 0  :whistle:

I don't care if you get one or not but it IS a good idea .....drilling a hole every 20 yards is too far IMO - I've been on 6" of rock hard ice and stepped in open water 3 steps later where a small snow drift was and no ice formed under it .......

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #164 on: Dec 16, 2023, 02:50 PM »
Yeah UofLCards, I did the same thing early in my ice fishing career, I think the year was 1990 on Lake George. I was walking out presumably on the same general path that guys who were already on the ice there had taken. I was not even drilling test holes because I saw guys out there. Stepped on a snow drift and instantly was standing on the lake bottom in 5 FOW, up to my chin.

Scoreboard update is now 2 - 0 - 1. The 1 is for indifference. The 2nd column will be for those who are hoping I do fall through to teach me a lesson for not having a spud bar.  ;)

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #165 on: Dec 16, 2023, 03:13 PM »
That is exactly what happened to me last year on Onieda. I was stabbing the spud out in front of me as I was walking along and it went rite thru the snow. NO ICE!  Scared me so bad I threw myself in reverse, fell over my sled, nearly broke my back as well as all my belongings but I made it out of there dry and alive. Someone was at Onieda shores in a car and watched the whole thing with his binoculars. He sat there until I made it back. I thanked him for that.

Get a spud

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #166 on: Dec 17, 2023, 05:06 AM »
i printed dackers bills cowboys image and it will set on the tv during the game for luch ,God knows we need it today!!!!  warrior  your the guy that goes lookinging for  first and last ice ....and new water ....a spud bar would be a great addition to your equipment ....plus  you can use it for a  spit at the pig roast to celibrate the bills winning the super bowl

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #167 on: Dec 17, 2023, 06:22 AM »

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #168 on: Dec 17, 2023, 06:58 AM »
 :roflmao:

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #169 on: Dec 17, 2023, 07:42 AM »
Yeah UofLCards, I did the same thing early in my ice fishing career, I think the year was 1990 on Lake George. I was walking out presumably on the same general path that guys who were already on the ice there had taken. I was not even drilling test holes because I saw guys out there. Stepped on a snow drift and instantly was standing on the lake bottom in 5 FOW, up to my chin.

Scoreboard update is now 2 - 0 - 1. The 1 is for indifference. The 2nd column will be for those who are hoping I do fall through to teach me a lesson for not having a spud bar.  ;)

I carry one all year and it's essential for George. I've been out when the ice cracked and shifted and it's definitely needed to get across cracks safely
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #170 on: Dec 17, 2023, 08:43 AM »
i printed dackers bills cowboys image and it will set on the tv during the game for luch ,God knows we need it today!!!!  warrior  your the guy that goes lookinging for  first and last ice ....and new water ....a spud bar would be a great addition to your equipment ....plus  you can use it for a  spit at the pig roast to celibrate the bills winning the super bowl

I will be taking the entire week off from work when the Bills have their Superbowl parade on approximately Feb. 14. I will slowly make my way back across the state and hit up all good ice fishing as I drive east. I will meet you Trapper on Oneida that week, and you can show me where you catch walleyes on that lake.  :tipup:

Offline TheWasp74

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On!
« Reply #171 on: Dec 17, 2023, 12:21 PM »
GO BILLS!!!!!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #172 on: Dec 17, 2023, 12:53 PM »
i'm no fool i fish for the perch walleyes are incidental catches

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #173 on: Dec 17, 2023, 05:30 PM »
I can’t believe anyone would take Dak Prescott over Josh Allen that is to funny ….. looks like the Bills r heading for the playoffs ……
Budweiser pro staff

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #174 on: Dec 17, 2023, 06:16 PM »
WE SACKED DAK  :clap:

WE PARSED PARSONS  ;)

WE SLAMMED LAMB  :thumbsup:

WE COLLARED POLLARD  :flex:

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #175 on: Dec 17, 2023, 06:22 PM »
warrior  i think  buffalos  victory is  because of  4  things ..... the  defence  was  great as was the offence  ........  they ran the  ball !!!!  cook  should  be  the  mvp....dackers  pictures  were a  insperation....and your talk  with  josh out on the ice ..... great  game

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #176 on: Dec 17, 2023, 06:42 PM »
If we win out the last 3 we won't need any help to get in the playoffs.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #177 on: Dec 17, 2023, 06:48 PM »
Josh Allen turned into Trent Dilfer today. 92 yards passing due to what James Cook did. 

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #178 on: Dec 18, 2023, 03:13 AM »
warrior  i think  buffalos  victory is  because of  4  things ..... the  defence  was  great as was the offence  ........  they ran the  ball !!!!  cook  should  be  the  mvp....dackers  pictures  were a  insperation....and your talk  with  josh out on the ice ..... great  game

Trapper I heard the Bills printed out this thread and used your comments as motivation 😜
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #179 on: Dec 18, 2023, 04:09 AM »
 josh not  passing WAS A GOOD THING !!!!! cook was a  FANTASTIC thing  however i am  reminded  of  severel old  sayings :even a  blind  squirrel finds a nut now and the"  success  can  be  followed  bye  disappoint ment ....i remind you of the history of the  bills .......  other then that   the bills changed up their game  found  what worked  and the cowboys  never knew what hit them ......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.