Author Topic: eskimo synthetic auger  (Read 682 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
eskimo synthetic auger
« on: Jan 10, 2023, 04:03 PM »
I had the pleasure of trying an eskimo light weight auger set up with an 18v Milwaukee I could not believe how light it was and the speed was incredible. Gotta say I am impressed especially since I am usually on foot and have been known to walk for miles sometimes. Has anyone use one of these bits on an actual ion head? May have to make 2 purchases due to cost. I see ion and eskimo has there own versions both basically the same weight. I weighed my ion flute its twice as heavy as the synthetic so any weight I can give up is good. The eskimo I used was awesome, Thanks Roccus.
Salmonemia

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: eskimo synthetic auger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2023, 04:33 PM »
Eskimo and ION  are sister companys ..if you have an electric ION power head the Pistol Bit or the ION ultra lite should do you justice.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2023, 07:49 PM »
Eskimo and ION  are sister companys ..if you have an electric ION power head the Pistol Bit or the ION ultra lite should do you justice.
Thanks. I can't get a Milwaukee drill yet but thinking just getting the synthetic style flute will still lighten the load I would think.
Salmonemia

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2023, 06:53 AM »
Thanks. I can't get a Milwaukee drill yet but thinking just getting the synthetic style flute will still lighten the load I would think.

Oh it cuts down on weight for sure ...There are a lot of aftermarket composite augers on Amazon that are cheaper and work quite well ..I started out with an 8" HT composite . Plus some come with the drill adapter so when you re ready to switch it at the ready .

https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Diameter-Extension-Adapter-Burrowing/dp/B09J1X58DY/ref=sr_1_51_sspa?crid=2GG71XBWDNX03&keywords=nylon%2Bauger&qid=1673441557&sprefix=nylon%2Bauger%2Caps%2C235&sr=8-51-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRjQxSjAxWkFLMUxMJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTM3MzMzMzQ2RTU0WU5INE5XNyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDkxMDYwMUVCR0tRVTBNNU84NCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0Zl9uZXh0JmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2023, 08:34 AM »
I bought an ultralight 8" for my ION last year and it is a pleasure.  I will probably buy the 10" next year.  I have had no issue with the plastic parts and if I did the individual parts are replaceable.  I cringed this fall when I picked up my 10" steel auger without the power head on it.  Technology does make us soft. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.