Author Topic: Next Monday  (Read 1293 times)

Online Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
Next Monday
« on: Dec 19, 2022, 08:15 AM »
I have next Monday off so thinking about doing some scouting, probably some hidden (and not so hidden) haunts north of Winni.  Looks like after Friday, it gets pretty cold even for daytime highs up that way.  Hoping things are locked up to 4"+ by then.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Next Monday
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2022, 07:58 PM »
I was thinking the same thing. I haven't really done any scouting this year, but Monday seems like a good day to take the traps out for a scenic ride. :)
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline after-4

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2022, 07:47 AM »
SAME SITUATION HERE IN PA. LOOKIN GOOD 

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2022, 11:23 PM »
 :tipup:
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2022, 06:06 AM »

Did a little So. NH scouting last night and found one place not far that was fishable (2 groups on it in fact).  Wish I had more than a spud with me, but it was good to walk on water.  It's now on the list for this weekend as long as the warm rain today doesn't ruin it.  With the deep freeze to follow maybe it will make Monday a banner day.

Online Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2022, 11:24 AM »
Did a little So. NH scouting last night and found one place not far that was fishable (2 groups on it in fact).  Wish I had more than a spud with me, but it was good to walk on water.  It's now on the list for this weekend as long as the warm rain today doesn't ruin it.  With the deep freeze to follow maybe it will make Monday a banner day.

Good to hear.  Got some ideas about Monday.  We'll see how it shapes up.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2022, 12:15 AM »
Got out on the pond today for about 2 hours... - 6 inches of ice - 4 solid black plus some snow ice. 

Didn't catch or mark any fish - but given I never got out last season it was good to try some of the "new" gear additions and just get out (first and probably last trip of 2022). 

Hitting the road for January, so post your results and pics, the forum is the closest I will get to fishing until February.

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2022, 06:30 AM »
Got out on the pond today for about 2 hours... - 6 inches of ice - 4 solid black plus some snow ice. 

Didn't catch or mark any fish - but given I never got out last season it was good to try some of the "new" gear additions and just get out (first and probably last trip of 2022). 

Hitting the road for January, so post your results and pics, the forum is the closest I will get to fishing until February.

Good to hear you are back on the ice!  What did you add for new gear?

Catch em up

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2022, 11:24 PM »
Upgraded Garmin striker to a new ice ducer last year and never got it out of the box. Picked up some new Baffin boots per recommendations here on the shanty, same - never got them out of the box... and during a road trip last year visited the Jack Traps factory store and picked up one to try them out... still in the bag. This year I went with the ice bag for the Garmin to make it my primary ice electronics and some new spikes for the boots.

Looking forward to February and the derby... Good luck to all

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.