Author Topic: Looking at a new shanty  (Read 722 times)

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking at a new shanty
« on: Oct 27, 2022, 01:35 PM »
Hi all. I sold my old shanty as it was just too big to fit in the back of my 4Runner. Been looking around at pop up hub shanties and I spied the Otter Vortex Pro Cabin Thermal Hub. I like the fact it was made for stumble bums like me. No edge to trip on like the triangle openings have. I know, learn to pick up your feet dummy. :whistle: :roflmao: It's thernal and just looks to be made well. What thoughts do ya'll have. Looking forward to first ice this year. ;)
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Offline TKfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Looking at a new shanty
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2022, 02:04 PM »
Hey Hoserman,
Eskimo also offers the original trip free door with their Outbreak pop-up shelter line up. Would also be worth taking a look at.
For the back of a 4Runner I'd recommend the Outbreak 250, as it packs down pretty compact but is still full height and over 50 ft2 of fishable area. I family friend got one of these last year and it was pretty slick for two guys to fish out of. Three is doable though, anything more than that I'd be looking for a bigger shack.

https://geteskimo.com/collections/outbreak

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2022, 02:06 PM »
Hey Hoserman,
Eskimo also offers the original trip free door with their Outbreak pop-up shelter line up. Would also be worth taking a look at.
For the back of a 4Runner I'd recommend the Outbreak 250, as it packs down pretty compact but is still full height and over 50 ft2 of fishable area. I family friend got one of these last year and it was pretty slick for two guys to fish out of. Three is doable though, anything more than that I'd be looking for a bigger shack.

https://geteskimo.com/collections/outbreak
  X2
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2022, 08:11 PM »
Very cool, I will definitely look at that one too. so many choices, so little time :rofl: one of the fish I will go after this year is Smelt on Higgins Lake. It will be both a fishing trip and a memorial trip for my buddy Noel who was on here but passed away this year. Best friend I ever had. So many stories I could tell you too, both open water and ice fishing.
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.