Author Topic: Showdown  (Read 826 times)

Offline Silvercliff

• IceShanty Rookie
Showdown
« on: Oct 25, 2022, 07:52 PM »
I have a question about charging my Showdown.  I'll plug it in.  It shows green when it's charged, but if I leave it awhile, it blinks green, then fed, then back and forth green/red. ???

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Showdown
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2022, 08:19 PM »
My Showdown did that. Battery was junk. Same for most small chargers; they'll do that when it's a "bad batt", ie; won't take or hold a proper charge, like on my drill/blower/weed wackers batts. Have you checked it with a voltmeter to see what it reads? You could have a bad plate, dead plate, sulfated plates, etc. Try it on another batt first. If not, call Marcum. They're great to deal with.

https://marcumtech.com/how-to-troubleshoot-the-battery-and-charging-system-of-your-marcum/

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2022, 05:53 AM »

&t=7s

&index=5

&index=13
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2022, 09:21 AM »
   They gotta fix that echo.....        :wacko:

My Showdown did that. Battery was junk. Same for most small chargers; they'll do that when it's a "bad batt", ie; won't take or hold a proper charge, like on my drill/blower/weed wackers batts. Have you checked it with a voltmeter to see what it reads? You could have a bad plate, dead plate, sulfated plates, etc. Try it on another batt first. If not, call Marcum. They're great to deal with.

https://marcumtech.com/how-to-troubleshoot-the-battery-and-charging-system-of-your-marcum/

Offline Silvercliff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2022, 08:48 PM »

It might be, but I just bought it !  Again you never know, something could have gotten damaged in shipment !

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2022, 08:52 PM »
Not to be smart, but that means little. You wouldn't believe how many batteries from the start are junk!
My brand new F150 had one in it...the big HD one. It was replaced after 3 months . That one went at 6 months...3 batts in under a year. They sit on pallets in who knows where; or for how long. I used to work in retail with that. That's why lithium or at the very least, I'd have nothing less than an AGM batt in anything. Good luck on finding out, I'd still call Marcum. Let us know how ya come out.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2022, 08:54 PM »
I will add that stock marcum chargers are the cheapest unreliable pos chargers out there..i  would get a battery tender jr or noco to see exactly whats going on with the battery charging status.my showdown troller charger stayed red the whole time but i checked it with a voltage meter and it was charging then i threw away the charger and use a reliable one now.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2022, 09:03 PM »
Good point on the battery tender. And charger..it's true.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.