Author Topic: Hub help. Otter vs Otter 🦦  (Read 884 times)

Offline Remps17

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hub help. Otter vs Otter 🦦
« on: Oct 24, 2022, 05:04 PM »
Selling my old clam hub and I was set on an Otter Monster Lodge, got a couple buddies talking me out of it and one talking me into it. The other option I am looking at is the Otter Resort.

I typically fish alone and I am looking for a shack to ice camp in. Majority of the time I run and gun walleye so I am rarely bringing a shack with me unless it’s pretty miserable out.

Friends have similar eskimos “double wides” and complain about the wind with them. Another prefers the layout of a hex style hub while another prefers the layout of the Monster lodge.

Size differences is 29sq.ft. Resort is slightly taller. I am 6ft if that is worth anything.

Any thoughts?

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Hub help. Otter vs Otter 🦦
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2022, 08:31 PM »
Had an Eskimo 6120i and ended up getting rid of it. I planned to use it for camping on the ice and it just didn’t work with my cot and seemed like I had a lot of wasted space. Granted it was a giant cot. If I could afford it I would get the monster lodge. I have a vortex lodge and I like it’s size and quality, I did get a slightly smaller cot that fits great. I see more people liking and praising the double wide vs the hex shape.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2022, 11:36 AM »
Have the Otter Resort, not fun at all for a single person and honeslty having camped on the ice in a 6x8 cableas 360 the otter is more space than I need.  The resort is HEAVY!

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2022, 11:49 AM »
How are you getting on the ice? As iowaaccord66 mentioned weight is something to consider depending on how you get on the ice

Offline Remps17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2022, 12:11 PM »
Early ice smitty sled then quad or snowmobile. The lake I frequent is wind blown and very rarely has snow. Pulling a smitty sled is a cakewalk with no snow.

Weight isn’t a concern. I am going from my clam 6-pack that came in close to 60lbs. Few extra pounds isn’t  going to break me.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2022, 02:20 PM »
The Resort will be easier to manage and pin down in the wind.  Plus it's easier to heat when it gets bitter cold. 

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2022, 07:58 PM »
Seeing how weight isnt an issue then the Resort is the way to go.  It does heat easier than others ive used.  Warms nicely on its own when its sunny.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.