New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE  (Read 33548 times)

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
Its coming boyz grab it when it comes it might be gone shortly. Snooze you loose.
Mr.Esox

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
My local lakes are primed ...windless nights and freezing temperatures have capped them over several times ...only to to be broken up by wind and/or above freezing temperatures ..looks to be some good weather coming our way . It may not be long lasting so due diligence when trekking out there .

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Its coming boyz grab it when it comes it might be gone shortly. Snooze you loose.
My ducks are all in a row!!!! I got 5 days local last year when most where crying 27 days total I just had to drive for it stay safe and catch em up gentleman

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
 I am ready 🕳️  :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Already one dead from thin ice slow down boys be safe

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I going to fish the king of the ice . I have fished it many times over the years.
Diehard where is being held this year ?   :icefish:
images.jpeg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
I going to fish the king of the ice . I have fished it many times over the years.
Diehard where is being held this year ?   :icefish:

White Lake ...It moved there a decade or so ago ...maybe even longer then that

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Already one dead from thin ice slow down boys be safe
He was on 1” of ice 2 days ago in western ny with zero elevation we will be more then golden but yes obviously don’t go after the first night in the teens

Offline Lucky13

• Team IceShanty Regular
Otsego County is hardly western NY, unless everything west of the Hudson qualifies. 

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I have fished the King of ice on White lake before..
Do they have a Walleye Class ? It’s been years since I have been .
 :icefish:
images.jpeg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
I have fished the King of ice on White lake before..
Do they have a Walleye Class ? It’s been years since I have been .
 :icefish:

KOI Ruels

https://www.sullivancountyconservationclub.org/_files/ugd/9aa9a8_b5b17098cbd24a0091b9d85c1671cba6.pdf

Biggest fish ...past several years have been won by Walleye

10. Scoring: Fish are scored by combination of length and weight. Ounces + Inches = Score. Any
fish may be cut open by the weighmaster to verify that all weights, lures and hooks have been
removed. Fish must be left at the weighmaster’s station during the contest and may be picked
up following the awards presentation.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I catch a trout 1 year when the king of the ice was on Swinging bridge.  :tipup:
images.jpeg

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
I catch a trout 1 year when the king of the ice was on Swinging bridge.  :tipup:
I wish it was still on swinging bridge I’m skeptical king of the ice will even go on this year 8 days of cold then back to 45!! Superior had a derby last year that was ran on very minimal ice I didn’t see that on the list this year tho we used to fish a great derby in pa Perkins pond rod and gun club they had kegs on ice incredible food spread and fishing was ok couple hundred ppl on a pond n some crappies still bit

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
I wish it was still on swinging bridge I’m skeptical king of the ice will even go on this year 8 days of cold then back to 45!! Superior had a derby last year that was ran on very minimal ice I didn’t see that on the list this year tho we used to fish a great derby in pa Perkins pond rod and gun club they had kegs on ice incredible food spread and fishing was ok couple hundred ppl on a pond n some crappies still bit
Do you remember the Kushetunk Ice Fishing Contest? Possibly Cushetunk. It was on Lake Huntington!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Do you remember the Kushetunk Ice Fishing Contest? Possibly Cushetunk. It was on Lake Huntington!
I recall but never attended my buddies fished it and just went for the event not the fishing lol I never fished that lake actually

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular

I’m shooting for Hurleyvile and Mahogany Ridge. Always had fun doing those two.

Which contest gave out a dozen minnows? I forget, but that was a pleasant surprise. 
Old Noob - Sponsored by my lovely wife.

Offline MarkBJ3

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline Lucky13

• Team IceShanty Regular
Is that Canadian Pickeral?  What we call walleye?

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Is that Canadian Pickeral?  What we call walleye?
lol people are incredible  ??? no pickeral chain pickeral the long fish with teeth in every lake around this area

Offline Lucky13

• Team IceShanty Regular
It says Lake Superior, I thought it might be some big derby on an International water body.   

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
It says Lake Superior, I thought it might be some big derby on an International water body.
Yeah let’s post Great Lake Superior on the ny board a lake only 1200 miles away with cold water fish like lakers n browns making up majority of ice catch Jesus Christ  ??? ::) :P

the thoughts people have are truly incredible

Offline Lucky13

• Team IceShanty Regular
I can agree. Who would pay a $60.00 entry fee to fish on some 80 acre overgrown pond?

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
I can agree. Who would pay a $60.00 entry fee to fish on some 80 acre overgrown pond?
That’s more then fished out, some people fish here on the regular…. For fun

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Drove through Carmel this morning, and saw someone out on Lake Carmel.  There cant be more than 3 inches out there.  A friend checked another lake, and there were only 2 inches of ice.  Carmel in Put county.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Iron_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
KB it wouldn't surprise me to hear of a rescue before the weekend is out.  Everywhere I spudded in Putnam today was 2 1/2" or less and most was crap quality at that.  That said I saw some sled tracks and holes cut.  :o

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
I wouldnt be surprise either.  People are excited to get out, but its not worth your life.    Heard someone already went through on White Pond yesterday. 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
KB it wouldn't surprise me to hear of a rescue before the weekend is out.  Everywhere I spudded in Putnam today was 2 1/2" or less and most was crap quality at that.  That said I saw some sled tracks and holes cut.  :o
lol probably my buddies holes from yesterday

Offline DON-E-ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Miles59,
    I have a cabin on the lake Tennanah runs in to. Both are private and you will get chased off. When I was a kid, we used to fish it with locals and have them on our lake as well. Over the years, a lot of owners changed and more $ is being invested for stocking, weeds, Lillie’s, etc. it has become very difficult to fish for awhile now. I get my hump busted all the time on my lake and my family has been there for 60 years….

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.