Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 240331 times)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #3060 on: Sep 10, 2023, 03:30 PM »
They say a semi load is usually between 12 and 16 cord on each one. The guy we got from for the last 3 loads usually hit the higher mark all the time. Now we are scrambling to fin another supplier that does as good of a job for a reasonable price. Many are trying to sell for over 2000 a load and on the shorter side from what we have seen from others. Guys are charging 225 to 300 a cord from blocked to spilt. At the pool for the youngest daughter's birthday today, cake here in a bit.  Good luck finding the yogi you want Marv. Have a great day everyone. Stay safe with the weather moving around the country. Oh and the surgery should be coming up right IW. Hope everything goes good with that. Safe travels to all those on the road.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3061 on: Sep 10, 2023, 05:08 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Hot and humid today with more thunderstorms and heavy rain. Mr Dickens doesn’t like thunderstorms.

I hope everyone had a great day. Continued prayers for Eddie.

Prayers for the security guard and his family.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3062 on: Sep 10, 2023, 06:28 PM »
Bud
I got home on Saturday around 7 pm.
Long drive as my usual route between the NWT and Alaska was closed due to fires.
I had to take 7 hour detour in order to get home because of it.
Total time on the road was 47 hours between Thursday am and last night.
Total sleep on the trip was 9 hours.

Fridays Critter report
1: tons of bison
2: lots of caribou
3: a bunch of deer
4: some elk
5: 8 bears the last one I almost rear ended at 2:45 am Saturday
6: a porcupine
7: Ewe won't belive it but I also saw an sheep!!!   ;D

Washed the camper and truck today.
It will need another before I put the camper away.   ::)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3063 on: Sep 10, 2023, 10:01 PM »
good evening, while high temperatures have dropped from the low nineties into the low-mid. eighties the past couple of days humidity levels still high. I had a period of heavy rain fall around midday . More recalls for your information , Hillshire farms recalling 14 ounce packages of blended (pork,turkey,beff) smoked sausage due to possible contamination with bone fragments product sold in the following states CA.,MD.,NM.,NY.,NC>,PA., and VA> . Lots EST.756A20 19:00 through 21:29 and EST.756A21 19:00 through 21:59:59 use by date of Nov.11,2023 printed on front of the package.

Conagra recalling Banquet chicken strips meals possible contamination with plastic particles. Affected meals have use by dates of Dec.11,2024,Jan. !,2025 and Jan.7,2025 .lot numbers 5009317120 and 5009319220 consumers urged to dispose of product or return it to place of purchase.

Also Trader Joe's has recalled several products check the company's website for list of products .

Ice Wanderer similar weather forecast for my region of NY. this week .Good thinking with regards to your lawn. I agree with Wallyworld your son's or friends will take care of yard work while you recover from the surgery .May your neighbor/boss have a good trip to Old Orchard Beach.ME.
Whopper Stopper good to hear no broken bones from the tree felling mishap and that your arm and wrist feel better today. Nice shooting may you have a safe and good hunt.
Wallyworld sad to hear about the security guard may he/she recover from injuries .
Fish/hunt4ever happy Birthday to your daughter . best to you in finding a new supplier for firewood .
Icefisher-45 may the thunderstorms be over so Mr. Dickens can relax.
Drifter glad you got home safely a lot of hours to be on the road. Your heart had to be racing after nearly hitting the bear. Happy to hear you still have a standing home structure may the same hold true for your cabin. Best wished to the crews fighting the fires and all citizens of the NWT .

May everyone have a good Monday. best to all with fishing plans this week.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3064 on: Sep 11, 2023, 04:22 AM »
Morning all,

A quick hello today, heading to the lake in a few  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3065 on: Sep 11, 2023, 04:56 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Best of luck Team WW :thumbsup:

I am almost ready to hit the road to bear camp. You never know how the reception will be up there.

Hope you all have a good week :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3066 on: Sep 11, 2023, 05:24 AM »
i=wDmTQBm1yRu4OC-A
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3067 on: Sep 11, 2023, 06:01 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It's 60* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                      I-45...........Thank you for sharing the commercial.  :flex: :bow: How appropriate. :thumbsup: It's a day that I will never forget, I was at a chemical
             plant in New Jersey, next to a big oil refinery and we were told go to a shelter because they didn't know the next target. :whistle:
                     Wally...........I hope you have a good day on the lake. :clap:
                     Marv...........I'm glad that your wrist and arm are up to the task of holding a tight pattern. :flex: May you have a successful hunt. :thumbsup:
                     Fish.........   That's a lot of money for a load, a sixteen cord load would cost here around $1700. :blink:
                     Dave...........I'm glad that you made home safely even with the close call with the bear. :whistle: Hopefully you can get out to the cabin to check
             it out. Don't forget pictures. :whistle:
                     H2l..............I hope all your wife's appointments go well. :thumbsup:
                     Steve...........It seems to be an awful lot of recalls lately. :cookoo: :%$#!:  I guess that you work at a grocery store you hear of them all. Thank you
             for keeping us well informed. :flex: :bow:
                     Eddie...........You are always on my mind, hopefully everything is going well. :thumbsup:
                     I didn't get much done yesterday, I got called to gop over to the neighbors to watch smoe football and snacks.
                     It just started to rain here, so today will be a puttering day.
                     I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work r out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3068 on: Sep 11, 2023, 06:11 AM »
66* and a few drops of rain.

Ice45, thanks for the ad, we will NEVER forget.

WW, good luck today.

First night of bowling went ok, we loss all 4 points but I bowled a higher score each game to finish only 5 pens below my avg.

Have a good day and be well...h2l.
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3069 on: Sep 11, 2023, 11:17 AM »
Good morning. I’m on hold until the first available hvac appointment the 14th to have satisfactory inspection done.  Maybe walk across the road here and toss a line in the river while I’m waiting. 

Lot cooler now high to be 63 today with possible showers afternoon winds out of the north

Dave glad you made it home safely

Marv good luck at bear camp

WW go get ‘em
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3070 on: Sep 11, 2023, 06:50 PM »

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3071 on: Sep 11, 2023, 06:54 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Go Team WW :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3072 on: Sep 11, 2023, 08:14 PM »
Good bag of fish WW. Well ot has been a day at work, but now watching the kids at swim practice. Hope everyone had a good 9/11 day. Have a good one everyone.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3073 on: Sep 11, 2023, 09:49 PM »
Good evening, I had a thunderstorm pass through around 4 PM not sure how long it rained . Those of you who are football fans may already know this earlier in the evening there was a shelter in place for Met-Life stadium due to severe weather. I have not checked to see if tonight's game was cancelled .
Whopper Stopper may the trip to shack have been problem free. Best wished for you in harvesting a bear .
Icefisher-45 thank you for posting the 9/11 Budweiser commercial.
Ice Wanderer I do hear about some food recalls through my job. Many times I see links to news articles on my internet browser's home page and get the information from them . Like you I remember where I was when I heard the news about the attack on twin towers of the World Trade Center. I was on vacation that week staying at seasonal vacation home/cabin my family had in Sullivan County not far from site of the 1969 Woodstock festival (now Bethel Woods Center for the preforming arts) . I had gone to a local gas station/mini-make to purchase daily newspaper thought the place had a radio on as I heard  early news reports. Once back at the cabin tried to reach my parents call did not go through due to high traffic volume. Next day I went back to the gas station and realized they had a large screen TV where I saw first pictures of destruction caused by the attack.  We were having the cabin's water heater replaced on the 12 Th so easy to remember it's date of installation now.
Hunts2long may your team perform better next Sunday and you have another good night at the bowling alley. best to you and your wife with this week's doctor appointments .
IFF may your home pass the HVAC inspection and any pending sale become finalized.
Wallyworld congratulations on a great day at the lake. Did you have a third person in the boat I thought the daily limit on walleyes was 5 per day per angler fish must be 15 inches or greater in length.
Fish/hunt4ever may your younger daughter's birthday have been a good day for her. best to your children with their swimming this season if they are on a team .

Given my location's closeness to NYC lots of residents make daily commute to the city for work. So the events of 9?11 in many of our memories. A former neighbor I'm still friendly with had a son who worked in one of the towers thankfully he was able to get out. A member of my church who worked in communications would have been on the roof of one  tower looking at a possible job for his company if he was not sick that day. Given their height multiple antennas on roofs of the towers .This was one reason so many phone calls were dropped that day. I also have a former/now retired coworker whose husband was an NYC firemen he was driving home from his shift saw the large cloud of black smoke in his rearview mirror and pulled over thankfully able to reach his wife and tell her that something major had happened in NYC and he was heading back to his firehouse. Sadly for this gentlemen over the course of his career with the fire dept he had worked with some of the firemen killed that day. Hard time for him with many funerals in the days following event.
for his mental health he decided to skip some of the funerals.

Keep safe,stay healthy. Best to all fishing or hunting.
   Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3074 on: Sep 12, 2023, 04:25 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                  It's 60* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                  H2l..........I'm sorry your team lost points, but glad to read that you did fairly well.  :whistle:
                  Wally.......Awesome day out. :thumbsup: :bow:
                  Marv........I hope you trip to "The Shack" was an easy ride. :unsure: Good luck on the opener. :flex:
                  Bud.........Hopefully the house passes the HVAC inspection. :thumbsup:
                  Steve.......I think everyone knew or had someone close to them on that fateful day. :(
                  Fish.........I hope your daughter had a good birthday. :thumbsup: It's a good thing that your kids are learning to swim. :flex: You don't realize how many
        people went in the Navy when I did that couldn't swim. :cookoo:
                  Eddie.......Hoping you are getting better with every passing day. Prayers my friend. :clap: :flex:
                  Yesterday I got some more things ready for winter, I know it's only September but i won't be able to get it done after Thursday. The same goes for today and
        tomorrow.
                  I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3075 on: Sep 12, 2023, 05:53 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 66* here and we have flash flood warnings. Several towns were heavily flooded last night. Mr Dickens did well at his Opthamology appointment. Strange a blind dog goes to see an eye Dr. He gets drops in his eyes to reduce swelling. I was working as a Paramedic when the Towers got hit. I lost a few friends that day.

Hunts2long, I hope your wife’s appointments went well. That’s good you did well bowling the other night.

Ice Wanderer, Don’t overdo. Great joke this morning 😂😂.

WallyWorld, Nice catch

Whopper Stopper, Hope you had a good day at the camp.

Eddie, Continued prayers for you.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3076 on: Sep 12, 2023, 06:09 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....yes there were 3 of us fishing yesterday  ;)

IFF......fingers crossed the HVAC inspection goes well  :)

WS.....hope all is good at the shack and Yogi is still digging thru the log pile  ;)2

IW.....how long will you be in the hospital after surgery  ???

H2L.....totally forgot bowling was starting again already, better luck to the team next week  ;D

IF45.....sorry for the loss of your friends on 9/11  :'( :'(

Drifter.....good to hear you made it home safely  :clap:

FH4.....belated birthday wishes to your daughter  :thumbsup:

Eddie......hope you're well on the way to a full recovery my friend  :flex:

An update on the school shooting, the security guard is expected a make a full recovery  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  the shooter is a 16 year old kid  ::)  the police are hoping the DA allows him to be tried as an adult, charges include attempted murder  :nono: :%$#!:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3077 on: Sep 12, 2023, 06:36 AM »
62* and cloudy.

WW, nice day on the water.

Eddie, thoughts sent your way.

We have a couple new teams in the league this year and they look pretty good, this past week they had 2 games over 800 total pins for 4 people. They will be giving us a LOT of pins.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #3078 on: Sep 12, 2023, 08:21 AM »
I don't post a lot on the New 9:45 Tread, pretty much just the major holidays usually.  There are good folks on this thread and I do enjoy reading their posts.

But I wanted to let Masoneddie know that I have been keeping him in my thoughts and prayers... and looking forward to see when the Cawfee’s on again!

Thanks everybody and a blessed day to all...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3079 on: Sep 12, 2023, 09:14 AM »
Bart, you're welcome anytime, not just holidays!!! I've always got coffee on, so until Eddie gets back on his feet, I've got
 him covered !!! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :bow: :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3080 on: Sep 12, 2023, 09:36 AM »
Ugh that’s what I need …. Coffee

Good morning Bart & crew.   I miss anything ?
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3081 on: Sep 12, 2023, 12:55 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

Took a walk out for bait check things are looking bleak. There are so many acorns falling I think the bears are stuffed. Each of my 2 baits had a Yogi, but just one for each camera for the entire week ???

The deer stand had a couple good bucks, deer archery season opens on Saturday.

Last night it rained all night pretty hard. Frost warnings out tonight with 30's expected in the bogs. I will probably head to one of my baits around midday tomorrow and settle in for an 8 hour sit.

Today when walking out to one of the cameras I stepped on a ground bee nest. Not sure how I lucked out without getting stung. I came back to the shack and grabbed a can of Raid Hornet/Wasp spray and declared war on them. Hard to say how many I killed but there were bodies laying all over.  My wife asked if I had brought my epipen and I had totally forgotten about that.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day.

Take care and keep healthy.

WS

i=RlWJwHazjgKkTfXf

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3082 on: Sep 12, 2023, 03:26 PM »
I remember stepping on one of those nests when I was in my 20's while walking the shore of a brook trout stream.
The yellow jackets didn't bother me but attacked the crap out of my buddy that was just behind me.
They got him at least a dozen times, maybe  more.

I hate those SOB's!!!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3083 on: Sep 12, 2023, 06:41 PM »
The black ground nesting ones I hate one sting from just one doubled me over. Wasn’t over it for like 12 hours

Yup nasty buggers they are
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3084 on: Sep 12, 2023, 08:37 PM »
Good evening, after receiving rain during the overnight hours and a cloudy sky this morning this cleared up to make for a pleasant day with a high temperature around 80 . last i checked hurricane Lee was still south of Bermuda and expected to pass between Bermuda and the U.S. coastline. It's projected track has the storm staying out at seas as it travels up the eastern coast line heavy rain and high winds expected along the coastline. By late Saturday the hurricane will make landfall some where in New Brunswick, Canada.   
Ice Wanderer will be thinking of you on Thursday may all go weel with the surgery. I agree with your reply it does seems like everyone knew someone involved in the events of Sept. 11,2001 or has friends related to a person involved.
Icefisher-45 best wished for Mr. Dickens . May the rains have stopped and flood waters be receding. looks like you will see weather related to hurricane lee this weekend. I forgot you  once were a paramedic and that one of the flights originated in Boston .
Wally thank you for answering my question . glad an arrest has been made in the school shooting . I have to get the details but heard there was a big brawl at some school in NYC several students were arrested .
Hunts2long  hopefully you and your team can stay close in the standings to both new teams and each one falters at some point this season .
Bart echoing other's words always room for another regular/frequent poster to the 9:45 thread. So please feel free to leave comments more often .
OldSailor may things be good out your way .
Whopper Stopper close call glad you escaped without getting stung. just a friendly suggestion depending on how temperature effects the medicine in the EpiPen keep a First-aid kit with a pen in your vehicle or at the shack during Spring through fall when you are making regular visits. Also not a bad idea to have a first-aid kit at the shack and remove any items that might be effected by colder temperatures when you close up the building for the winter months. Thank you for the video assume you are staying through the weekend and brought your bow. Best in getting a Yogi or one of the bigger bucks in your videos.
Drifter I assume your friend had no severe reaction to all of the yellow jackets stings . I had a similar experience during my youth thankfully neither my friend or I got stung to many times and neither one of us had an allergic reaction to the stings .

A good night wished for everyone. best to all fishing and hunting .
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3085 on: Sep 13, 2023, 05:11 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 58* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                          Marv...........Thank you for sharing the video. You have a couple nice bucks showing up. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: Good luck in the stand. :thumbsup:
                          Wally...........I'm supposed to be only one night in the hospital, but you never know. :whistle:
                          H2l..............I'm sure your team will prevail, look the Jet's beat Buffalo. :blink:
                          I-45............I'm glad I put a smile on your face. :thumbsup:
                          Bart............I've always enjoyed you post on the NY thread, and I even made the windguard that you showed me, it works great.  :thumbsup: :flex:
                so feel free to join us anytime. :clap:
                          Bud.............Isn't coffee the mainstay of life. :woot:
                          Dave...........Have you had a chance to go to your cabin to see how it is? ???
                          Steve..........My neighbor is out at Old Orchard Beach this week, I messaged him on Monday because the track then had it hitting the Maine coast
                right where they are. But even if the track stays east, they will see some good wave action. :whistle: The hotel has a live webcam that I've been checking
                out from time to time. :whistle:
                          Anyone that is going to have surgery and is taking certain meds has to stop taking some 6 days before surgery. My arthritis meds is one of them.
                and when it wore off i can really feel it. It's a testimony of how well it works. I think Marv can agree on that. It's a chore just walking around this morning.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3086 on: Sep 13, 2023, 05:24 AM »
Good morning ER’s  temperature dipped down to 48 and a touch of fog this morning

A touch of frost up in Marv’s area ??? Bet that will start the leaves turning

Got permission to walk across the neighbors yard to the river, but don’t think I will try fishing there.  After all it is now Private property and doesn’t want the public to think it’s back to being an open space now that the railroad along the river has been removed

Nothing planned for the day, so will just be hanging out in the RV, Son-in-law came down with something was throwing up most of the day yesterday, so I stayed away, sure don’t want whatever he got.

Hope everything comes together with tomorrow’s “inspections”. And I can get headed back south

Jeff I believe you’re right I’m putting more coffee on now

Hope everyone’s plans for the day turn out good
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3087 on: Sep 13, 2023, 05:57 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

38 with fog, not as cool as the guessers were saying.

IW...best of luck with your surgery, will keep you in my thoughts. You are right about the arthritis meds. This last year has been a tough one after I went off all mine.

Bud....best wishes to you the inspections come together and you can get back to Gods Country.

Eddie...as always you are in my prayers Sir :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the best wishes for my bear season. Hopefully they will start moving again.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday  :thumbsup:

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3088 on: Sep 13, 2023, 06:14 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 62* here and cloudy. Supposed to rain today per the weather guessers. My wife stayed at a friends last night because she picked up an extra shift so she could save gas. Mr Dickens is good. Took him for a walk around the lake this morning.

Ice Wanderer, Prayers your surgery goes well tomorrow. Joke today was great. Relax today don’t do to much.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for posting that video. I can’t wait till we get cooler weather.

IFF, Good luck with the inspection. Coffee is the mainstay of life.

Eddie, Continued prayers for you

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3089 on: Sep 13, 2023, 09:25 AM »
IW
Haven't been out yet but my neighbour went out on Friday and they said all is OK.
Lake level dropped more though. They hit bottom at the launch ramp loading their boat.
Bigger boat though. 20' Kingfisher with a hard cabin. Draws more water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.