Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 238565 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #3000 on: Sep 02, 2023, 05:25 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......fishing needs to be near the TOP of that to do list  :whistle:

H2L.....congrats on a good day on the water  :clap:

WS.....hope you and MrsWS enjoy the weekend not hauling logs ;)2

MrC....looks like fall is on hold for this week with temps near 90 again  ::)

Landed 8 eyes, 5 keepers & 3 shorts and 1 sheepshead yesterday on Oneida

still lots of floating grass/weeds to deal with  :%$#!:

Bike ride on today's planner  :thumbsup:  Safe travels to anyone hitting the road this weekend  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3001 on: Sep 02, 2023, 05:32 AM »
49* and some mist coming off the water.

WW, another great day on the water. Enjoy your bike ride today.

I got 11 walleyes, 4 keepers, didn't keep any this trip. I was a fun day.

My wife picked up my sister and my nephew, they came for the night. Devin is running in a 5k race in the village this morning.

Have a good and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3002 on: Sep 02, 2023, 06:17 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 48* and clear here on my hill. :P
                        Wally..........You did we despite the weeds. :thumbsup:  Enjoy the bike ride today. :flex:
                        Marv...........That's a nice haul of wood and being Oak a lot of BTU's.  :thumbsup: There is a guy here that sells about 240 full cords of wood a year,
               doing by cutting up with a saw and splits in a regular splitter. :woot: I asked him how come he doesn't get a wood processor, he said they were too expensive. :cookoo:
                        H2l..............Good luck to your nephew in the race. :flex:
                        Bud.............You should know by now the list never ends, just keeps getting longer. :blink:
                        Steve..........Enjoy today's temperature because it's going to warm up. :cookoo:
                        Today my #2 son is coming over and we are going to make a repair on my outside boiler. The smoke is supposed to go up and over a tube and down to
               the bottom and back up an inner tube to the chimney. But there is an opening allowing it to go directly up the chimney. We're going to block it off and put some
               Refractory Cement on top of the angle piece we are using. I did it 3 years ago but the angle piece came off and the cement fell out.
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Hrealty.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3003 on: Sep 02, 2023, 07:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 59* here and supposed to be in the high 70s per the weather guessers. Not much on the agenda today. Me and Mr Dickens and the kitty are alone this weekend. My wife is staying with a friend closer to work so she doesn’t use so much gas.

IFF, You need to put fishing at the top of the list at least one day.

WallyWorld, Nice looking catch. Have a safe ride day.

Whopper Stopper, It’s good to be back. It was like missing old friends. Hope you have a good day.

Hunts2long, Sounds like it was a good day. Prayers that Devin has a good race.

Ice Wanderer, Hope the boiler repair goes well.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3004 on: Sep 02, 2023, 02:00 PM »
 Good afternoon 76 outside currently forecasted high temperature for today is 80. Started the day with blue skies now have some clouds. Like many of you warmer weather coming forecast to see a high near 90 on Labor Day with increased humidity . I see we have lost two music celebrities recently the guitarist for  rock group Dire Straits and Jimmy Buffet . In local news Newburgh Free Academy (NFA) won it's boy's varsity season opening game over New Rochelle by a score of 28-6 . Newburgh made it to the NY. public high school state Class (AA) championship game in 2022 loosing the Bennett from the greater Buffalo ,NY. area 42-8 . Hopefully the boy's can keep the wins coming and get back to the state championship game this year .
Whopper Stopper good work by you and the "Girls" nice to pick up almost 2 cords of Oak . Your wife will be happy that you have labor day weekend free to pursue other activities. may the weather cool down so you can complete the job for Gun Range before heading to the Shack for bear hunting in Wisconsin .
Wallyworld congratulations to you and Mr.WW you've had a good open water fishing season to this date. May you have a safe and enjoyable bike ride today with a break for ice cream .
Ice Wanderer may you and Son #2 get the wood boiler repaired today. Eventually you will need to start using the boiler again to heat your home and for hot water.
Hunts2long congratulations to you also for having a good day at GSL. (I assume) May your nephew set a new personal best for himself in today's road race .
Ice fisher-45 how high are gas prices by you currently they range from $3.60 to $3.80 for a gallon of 87 octane in my area . May you, Mr.Dickens and Kitty all have a nice day and Holiday weekend.
Eddie may things be going well for you ,enjoy any time spent with family over the course of this weekend.

may everyone's Labor Day weekend's be off to a good start. Safe travel wished for all of you and any guests coming to visit with you.  Stay safe, try to keep healthy.
   Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3005 on: Sep 02, 2023, 03:30 PM »
HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND everyone!!!  :thumbsup: :roflmao: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :whistle: :bow: Be safe and stay well!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3006 on: Sep 03, 2023, 04:12 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Happy Labor Day weekend to you also OldSailor and everyone else on the 9:45.

It's already 78 degrees as it climbs to 99 today :cookoo:

I am heading to the shack in a bit to refresh the baits. I am pretty sure the next couple of days will be slow with the 100-degree heat. On the way back, I am stopping and my sisters to fill up her two 50-gallon garbage cans. I am bringing my chop saw to whack up a few shop light fixtures to fit.

I hope you all have a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3007 on: Sep 03, 2023, 05:51 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                           It's 55* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Marv.........I hope you trip to "The Shack" is good and safe trip for you. :thumbsup: I hope the shop light build works out. :flex:
                           OS............I hope you are doing better. :unsure:
                           Wally.........How did the bike ride go, I'm sure there was some ice cream involved somewhere along the way. :whistle:
                           H2l...........How did you nephew make on the race? ???
                           I-45......... I hope you are back for regular postings. :unsure:
                           Dave........ If you are checking in , Have you heard anything from back home? ???
                           Eddie........We're still pulling for you to have a complete recovery.
                           Yesterday morning I spent cleaning out the boiler and making sure it was at a reasonable temperature to work on. My son had to work in
                the morning and showed up around 2:30, we were done by 4pm. I have to let the refractory cement cure at least 24 hours and then they recommend
                that I start small fires at first because on the presence  of air bubbles.
                           Mowing my lawn today.
                           I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy'

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3008 on: Sep 03, 2023, 05:56 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....safe travels sir  ;)

IW.....hope the boiler fix was a success  ;)2

OS.....enjoy the weekend  :)

H2L.....hope the race went well for your nephew  :thumbsup:

IFF......fingers crossed the latest offer on the WI property is a go  @)

MrC.....best wishes to Newburgh boys  :thumbsup:

IF45.....gas is pushing $4 a gallon on I-90 in NY  ::)

Thinking another ride day today  ;)2

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3009 on: Sep 03, 2023, 06:21 AM »
Good morning Everyone, 60* and cloudy. Not much on the Agenda today. Me and Mr Dickens may go and drown some worms. My wife is still by where she works.

Eddie, You are in our prayers that you are feeling better.

Mr Clean, Gas prices here range from 3.70 to 3.90. Won’t be long before we’re in the 4.00 range.

Ice Wanderer, Hopefully you got all the air pockets out.

Whopper Stopper, Sounds like it’s going to be a hot day. Will it take long to refresh the baits?

WallyWorld, Gas is getting ridiculous. Have a fun ride today. Will there be ice cream afterwards?

Hunts2long, Hope everyone had a good day yesterday. How did the 5K go?

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those fishing. Stay hydrated remember drink water not beer.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3010 on: Sep 03, 2023, 06:25 AM »
59* and sunny.

Devin did well in the 3K, didn't win it but beat his best time by 10 seconds. Even I could tell by watching, there were some very good runners.

The lake has dropped almost a foot and a half this week and I bet it isn't going to stop going down after Labor Day.

WW, I saw some $4+ last week going to NYC. Here it is $3.999! I haven't been to an ice cream shoppe this Summer, maybe tonight.

Eddie, just a "Hello" this morning. Looks like the Yankees are playing some of their young guys.

The lake will be busy today as the "Ring of Fire" is tonight. Heard some fireworks last night, Scout just loved them.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3011 on: Sep 03, 2023, 04:50 PM »
Good evening everyone  :bow:

The deer outnumbered the bears this past week. It's been a long day.

WS

i=4OQCXy6wnO8OjIaX

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3012 on: Sep 03, 2023, 05:07 PM »
Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing. I always enjoy your videos.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3013 on: Sep 03, 2023, 05:29 PM »
Well did not go to the mountain as work got in the way again but the daughter wanted to go swimming at the lake for her birthday so we did that yesterday. Supposed to rain all weekend on the mountain anyways, I do not mind but makes for some unhappy people always getting wet when outside around my camp. Supposed to rain tomorrow here. Sitting outside cooking some corn on the cob on the grill along with some brats. Installed a shower door on the shower for the wife today and cleaned up the shower a but, been trying to figure out a way to seal and not get water into certain gaps so spray foamed them today and will cut that and put caulking over to see if that makes the wife happy. The shower doors look good but took me a few hours to get everything cleaned up and about 2 to install the doors and put a bit of caulking around. Oh and the wife did catch a walleye yesterday but then the kids wanted to head home and get ready for dinner, the daughter chose the Mexican restaurant to eat at. Was a good dinner. Have a great labor day weekend everyone.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3014 on: Sep 03, 2023, 05:30 PM »
Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing. I always enjoy your videos.

You are welcome 45.

The bears were slow this5 past week. This is what I could muster up.

WS

i=lio6Y95dunulMwAQ

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3015 on: Sep 03, 2023, 09:23 PM »
Good evening warming up today's high temperature was 86 . Weather guesser's calling for 90 tomorrow humidity level also increasing .
OldSalior the same wished for you and your family .
Whopper Stopper thank you for the videos surprised to see a turkey vulture by the bait pile. May your sister have a cart to help move the garbage cans depending on their contents .
Ice Wanderer when you start up the wood boiler may your repair work and there be no problems.
Wallyworld. thanks for the well wishes Newburgh goal this season is to get back to the state championship game and be victorious. I will have to keep an eye on gas prices highest I've seen in my area was $3.799 .
Hunts2long, Congratulations to your nephew Devin and setting a new personal best time in the 3K race. The dam gates must be fully opened I thought GSL would be at or above normal level for this time of year with all of the rain this Summer.
Fish/hunt4ever sorry to hear work got in the way of your plans. Belated Happy Birthday to your daughter. The shower doors look nice.

May everyone have a pleasant and Safe Labor Day whatever your plans for the day.
    Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3016 on: Sep 04, 2023, 05:20 AM »
Happy Labor Day Everyone, I hope everyone has a safe and good day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3017 on: Sep 04, 2023, 05:35 AM »

Good Mornin 45  Labor day another scorcher here today and tomorrow. My mother tested pos for rona so I will self test today. Thanks for posting in off season so I can read about what's going on and who's catching fish. I've been up for some time so I read a stringer full of old posts to keep sharp. Have a great day all.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3018 on: Sep 04, 2023, 05:37 AM »

Good morning I-45, ER's,
                           It's 61* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Marv.........Thank you for the videos, You sure have a lot of activity going on. :thumbsup: I hope it keeps up for the hunting seasons. :unsure:
                           Fish..........Nce job on the shower door. :flex:
                           Steve........The guessers are calling for the 90* temp for up here as well. :whistle: The best price of gas up here was $3.94 :%$#!: Thank you Joe Biden.
                           OS............Have a good Labor Day. :thumbsup:
                           Wally.........Is there a bike ride in the works today? ???
                           Eddie.........Continue prayers are sent everyday. :thumbsup:
                           H2l............Knockin g 10seconds off his time is an accomplishment in itself. :flex:
                           Yesterday.... I got my lawn mowed and did some house work. Then I went to dinner at my srconds house last night.
                           Today will be a puttering day.
                           I hope everyone has a good Labor Day either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3019 on: Sep 04, 2023, 05:46 AM »
Morning all,

OG.....sorry to hear about your Mom, prayers sent your way  :'(

WS....thanks for the videos  :thumbsup:  think I can guess which buck you're hoping to see in the cross hairs  :whistle:

MrC....most stations here are $3.87 cash, $3.97 credit  ::)

Eddie.....hope the family's enjoying some bbq time this weekend  ;)

FH4......happy birthday to your daughter  :thumbsup:

IW.....grass is growing like it's early spring around here with all the rain/warm temps, mowing every 4-5 days  ::)

H2L....congrats to your nephew  :flex: :clap: :bow:

Stopped at a boat launch yesterday just to watch the loading/unloading antics, not disappointed  :roflmao: :woot: :cookoo:  got to love holiday weekends  ;D

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3020 on: Sep 04, 2023, 06:25 AM »
64* and sunny.

WS, some nice bucks, even a little sparing, must be getting close to loosing their velvet. Fawns are about to loose their spots and even some bucks with the does. Cooler weather is coming.

WW, I went down to the launch about 6 and it was still full. The "Ring of Fire" was last night so a lot stayed out to watch that. I can't imagine what it would look like AFTER the sun went down, PLUS a couple more hours of drinking.

OG, sorry about "19" being back, good luck with your test.

Happy Labor Day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3021 on: Sep 04, 2023, 09:22 PM »
Good evening, the heat and higher humidity have arrived if extended forecast is correct will see highs in the low nineties through Wednesday . then a couple of day with lower temperatures (70-80's) and thunder storms. I exchanged emails with different family members over this holiday weekend and found out a few of them are dealing with Covid  just like Old Goat's mother. So keep alert of infection rates in your respective areas .
Old Goat sorry to hear your mother is dealing with Covid may she have a quick recovery .
Icefisher-45 may it have been a good weekend for the two of you .
Ice Wanderer thank you for sharing gas prices from your section of NY . Good you got your lawn mowed before the higher temperatures arrived here in the North East .
Wallyworld Thanks to you also for sharing gas prices by you . The grass is still growing and getting mowed weekly here at my complex .
Hunts2long may there have been no boating accidents during the Ring of Fire event. I assume you were watching boat traffic and fireworks which maybe part of the annual event.

May everyone's labor day have been a good one.
  Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3022 on: Sep 04, 2023, 11:10 PM »
IW
Things are looking good. Evacuation order gets lifted at noon on Wednesday. I'm waiting on a replacement air compressor for my air bags and won'tbe leaving until it shows up and I install it so will just have to fish until it gets here. 🙃
Have to take a day long detour at this point because the short route is closed due to wild fires.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3023 on: Sep 05, 2023, 05:35 AM »
Good morning ☕️ greetings from Missouri, tractor got its first trailer ride, and a couple tasks to complete during its short visit.  Hopefully getting it done during the cooler morning hours. Still on the fence with the reunion, last word is the daughter is expecting me to show up for the Packers/Bears game the 10th  :unsure: :unsure:

I suppose no news is good news, that things are moving along with the sale of North Camp

Nice videos Marv couple of the deer looking like they have been eating well.  Wonder if the two fork horns are twins ???

OG hope Mom get over the “Rona” quickly and it stays away and you don’t get down with it too

Dave bummer there’s still wildfires blocking the shorter route, would be nice your item arrives sooner than later.  Right I’d keep on fishing  :thumbsup:

Well time to put the phone on the charger. Stay safe all
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3024 on: Sep 05, 2023, 05:37 AM »
Good morning, everyone :bow:

78 degrees another 90-degree day on the way.

Dave...Great to hear from you and excellent news on your cabin :clap: :clap:

OG...Prayers for you Mom :thumbsup:

Eddie...Continued thoughts and prayers for you and your family :thumbsup:

I am out the door for an early morning hair pruning.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3025 on: Sep 05, 2023, 05:42 AM »
66* and clear, going to get warm again today.

Mr. C, we use to have a fire but not in the past 5/6 years, then we went to just riding around parts of the lake to see the fires/fireworks. Now just stay home.

Drifter, good to see things are improving out your way.

The wife got a call from her cousin yesterday that her Aunt had passed away. We saw her back in August at the reunion.

I am going with the wife this morning, she has to go to Albany Med for a MRI.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3026 on: Sep 05, 2023, 05:49 AM »

Good morning Dave, ER's,
                         It's 63* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Dave............That's good news about your home of Yellowknife. :thumbsup: :clap: Safe Travels. :thumbsup:
                         Wally............It's a zoo at the boat launch at Million Dollar Beach on lake George. It sure is fun to watch all the crazies. :roflmao:
                         OG ..............I'm sorry to read about your mother getting the Rona. :( I hope she pulls through it and you test negative. :whistle:
                         Steve........... The temperature  here yesterday hit 90*  :blink:
                         H2l...............I've never seen the "Ring Of Fire" It must be a sight to see. :woot: Prayers goes out to you wife and her family. :(
                         Yesterday was just a lazy day for me.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3027 on: Sep 05, 2023, 06:00 AM »
Morning all,

H2L......my condolences on the loss of MrsH2's aunt  :'(  hope the MRI goes well

Drifter....good to hear things are improving up there  :thumbsup:

IFF....you sure do get around, never know where you're going to pop up next  :woot:

WS.....think MrWW is packing his bags after watching the latest shack videos  :roflmao:

IW....pretty much a lazy day here yesterday too  ;)

Decided to stay off the roads yesterday, too much traffic to enjoy riding  ::)  a couple errands on tap today

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3028 on: Sep 05, 2023, 06:11 AM »

This is the South end of the lake.
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3029 on: Sep 05, 2023, 09:16 PM »
 Good evening not sure of today's high temperature but not fun to be outside, Weather guessers calling for similar conditions tomorrow . looks like gas prices will stay high for rest of this year both Saudi-Arabia and Russia have agreed to continue their 1.3 million gallon per day oil production slow down until December.
IFF safe travel wished for you wherever your headed this week. may you receive news on the Wisconsin property before this week's end .
Whopper Stopper may the hair pruning have you feeling slightly cooler when out in the high temperatures . keep hydrated and pace yourself with any tree work during the hot spell .
Hunts2long condolences sent to your wife on the passing of her aunt.  may today's MRI not show any new health concerns for her . thank you for the photo and information on the Ring of Fire event.
Ice wanderer like other vacation areas the population should start dropping as we head to Fall.You also take it easy with any outside work while the high temperatures and humidity are in your area .
Wallyworld ,I agree with Mr.WW some very nice bucks visiting W.S.,'s "shack" property in Wisconsin . Best to Mr.WW when the NY. Deer season opens in your region of NY. If I remember correctly like Mason Eddie and me  you fall into the Southern zone . Good choice to stay home and avoid all the holiday traffic not to mention the heat and humidity . Hopefully this year's fall colors will be abundant and the weather good for bike rides .
Eddie may you be doing well ,may your Labor day weekend have been a good one spent with family .

May everyone have a good week. please take the proper precautions if you will be outside in higher temps and humidity . best to all with fishing plans .
    Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.