Author Topic: lithium batteries  (Read 1174 times)

Offline captbrooktrout

• IceShanty Rookie
lithium batteries
« on: Oct 10, 2022, 09:21 AM »
any good or bad reports on knock offs compared to OMGs

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: lithium batteries
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2022, 09:55 AM »
Saw your questions in the General Chat.  I would suggest you go to You Tube and review the videos by Ice Hole Power.  Jeremy is an electrical technician from the Air Force and now a technician for the railroad.  He has done a lot of testing on various LiFePO4 and Lithium Ion batteries.  You can judge for yourself what you are looking for and if you want to spend the money on the knock-offs.

My opinion, no, I will not be buying these knock-offs. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2022, 10:24 AM »
Haven't watched the knockoff ones but watched the first few. Amped vex marcum Dakota seemed to be similar build quality, buy what's on sale

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2022, 12:58 PM »
probably the best info you will find is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeLaE_6NEbIoqPSXz0jecnA/videos?view=0&sort=p&shelf_id=0 with many reviews and honest opinions

Catchin' Fish

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2022, 09:12 AM »
I got 3 of the Amped Outdoors 20ah lithium batteries like 3 years ago and they've been really great.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2022, 11:21 AM »
I got 3 of the Amped Outdoors 20ah lithium batteries like 3 years ago and they've been really great.
I have two 12ah for my electronics and a 60 ah for my trolling motor on my pond boat. All from Amped Outdoors. Great company great batteries. Just saying.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2022, 05:22 PM »
If you want to save 20 or 30 bucks go for it, next time you’ll buy a name brand.

Online Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2022, 06:57 PM »
I agree with what others have said. I have two Amped and one Dakota. Zero problems and great customer service. Here’s a 10% off discount code from Amped if you or anyone else would like to use it.

zieber10

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.