New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: so how was it ?  (Read 819 times)

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
so how was it ?
« on: Mar 07, 2022, 10:16 AM »
I personally hope for a few more days but it's time to reflect,  here's how my season went:
   I got out a HOLE BUNCH of times despite a little later start than usual and enjoyed some great weather
   Had a lot of fun with a close friend and fishing pal
   Finally broke my walleye jinx on Onieda
   Limited out more times with great gills than I care to admit
   Caught some of my largest Crappie to date
   Bought a couple of high end fishing rods and found out what I have been missing which has been awesome
   Won a local fishing tournament which provided me with the funds to purchase a new target bow
   Lost or broke nothing this year
   Never take enough pics but I have the memories
   Added a couple locations to next years bucket list so now the homework & research begins
   All in all it's been a great season all though I wish we had a little longer winter here as ice fishing is really my favorite

For the few who are stretching it out,  Stay Safe  Spud Soud Spud

Offline ECobb91

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: so how was it ?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2022, 05:41 PM »
This year was a first for me. I didn’t get out once..

-planned a trip back in January and the cold front moved in. Was -37 at the lake so we decided to cancel
-went out the next week and it was -15. Not bad. Couldn’t get the gas auger to start, my buddy forgot his hand auger. Half the bait died. Shanty wouldn’t stay popped open. So we called it and went in.
-attempt no 3. Had to cancel cause my old car broke and we had to go car shopping.
-no. 4 father in law was sent to the hospital with Covid and put on a vent. The news they gave us was very dismal so I stayed home with the wife.
-Attempt 5&6 cancelled to dive my wife down to Binghamton and PA to see her dad who’s now off the vent and doing ok. Not great but alive.

With this warm front and rain, I won’t be getting out at all. I’m now 100% into trout mode

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2022, 05:52 PM »
Probably my best season to date

The crappie bite on Brant started fast and furious and never slowed down
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2022, 03:50 PM »
Sorry about all that tough luck E. It's just going to make you all that more anxious to get out next season.  Best of luck to the miss's dad

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2022, 04:14 PM »
prayers to your father in law

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.