The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Malletts Bay  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Bob G.

• IceShanty Rookie
Malletts Bay
« on: Feb 23, 2022, 05:20 PM »
Thinking of fishing at Malletts Bay tomorrow morning as the weather report looks good with temps dropping tonight. Haven’t been there this season. Plan on fishing out from the boat ramp for perch.

Does anyone think the warm temps and rain would have an unsafe effect on the ice at Malletts Bay or anywhere else like Georgia Shore or Killkare? Thanks.

Offline Tyson68

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Malletts Bay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2022, 09:08 PM »
Georgia Shore (Van Everest) access had 15” of black ice last weekend a couple hundred feet out. Not sure if the weather did enough damage to make it unfishable but I’m going to try tomorrow. Mallets Bay has been slow fishing from what I’ve heard and experienced.

Offline Bob G.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2022, 10:16 AM »
Fished Georgia Shore out of Van Everest this morning until 9:30am. Kept 9 perch for dinner tonight. Threw a bunch of dinks back. Keepers caught on a purple tipped white bibbit with red stripe in 30 to 35 feet. Only drilled one hole.

Offline Tyson68

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2022, 01:21 PM »
Sounds like a good day. I’ve had real good luck in 48’-50’. Didn’t get a chance to make it. How were the ice conditions?

Offline Bob G.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2022, 03:22 PM »
Ice thickness was still over a foot. The bottom of the ramp was a little slushy but not a problem. The pressure cracks changed some but I didn't feel like it was unsafe. There was a few 4 wheelers riding around.

The weather forecast for next week looks good, hoping to get a few more fish for the freezer.

Offline Tyson68

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2022, 01:43 PM »
Thanks for the info! Good luck!

Offline vtmable1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2022, 06:34 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com